Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 10-Jun-15 17:36:07
Print Post

Playstation Beta....Who got a Invite

[link to this post]

I had one sent through email but i failed to activate it and missed out,just had another email and i had the option to click on it and participate so i will test it later.

For those not in the know I'm talking about there streaming service of games.?

The actual name Playstation Now !!!!!

EDIT...

So i just downloaded the program,its massive 2.1 mb smile now according to the email regarding the Playstation Now Beta its now in Phase 2 and according to Sony there is now a small charge on games in this particular Phase..........Right ?

Like How about £3.99 for Uncharted 2 for just 2 days ,or if you don't fancy that £7.99 for 30 days...........Are Sony having a Giraffe or What.

Yeah its great playing old playstation 3 games on your playstation 4 but this has to be some sort of wind up doesn't it.

Anybody remember a game called Shatter,great game and i think i paid £4.99 to have the full game,these jokers expect me to pay £7.99 for 30 days and i don't even get to keep it.........

Think this will be deleted in about 5 minutes and this service rings........EPIC FAIL.

If i actually still had my relic playstation 3 i could buy these as full retail disk based games at half the prices they are asking me to rent.......

Now Sony 0.99p sounds about right for 30 days so stick this service up your sky rocket..........Literally.

I know I'm a sucker for punishment but this has seriously [censored] even me of.......Money grabbing [censored].tongue

Edited by time2die (Wed 10-Jun-15 18:01:11)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 10-Jun-15 19:27:39
Print Post

Re: Playstation Beta....Who got a Invite

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

If you're one of those nostalgic types that longs to play retro games, it's like renting them without leaving the settee. And many of those games probably wouldn't be available any other way. But for more recent games, Steam surely has to be a better bet?

Personally I can't see the point and with so much new content out there to try, good or bad, I don't know why anybody would bother.
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Wed 10-Jun-15 19:32:54
Print Post

I hear that the quality is poor also!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 10-Jun-15 23:40:31
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jorkila:
I hear that the quality is poor also!
Backwards compatibility is really important to some people. You two should stop being such graphics wh*res. Things were much better when gameplay was king and state of the art sound could make or break a game.

Good times....
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Jun-15 10:03:34
Print Post

Kids just use their mums credit card to pay so it makes no difference to them how much the rental is

I agree though that if I want to play PS3 games I'll just buy them for my PS3

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool

Edited by Lt_Swan (Thu 11-Jun-15 10:04:15)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 11-Jun-15 15:52:37
Print Post

found this video so I thought cool, but seems one of those silly invite only things and I didnt get a email, so no testing for me.

The pricing doesnt seem good tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz9GtmUCX9g

although it is possible I used one of my freemails for psn, timey you have the subject line? so I can search for it.

seems can register here

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstatio...

Plusnet Fibre Unlimited BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 11-Jun-15 16:03:49)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 11-Jun-15 18:05:18
Print Post

Say No More........

Couldn't have worded it better myself..........Oh i Did Yesterday wink
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 11-Jun-15 18:09:00
Print Post

good idea but bad application.

£5 to rent a 5 year old game for 2 days lolololol. Someone somewhere has got too greedy.

Personally I think they should include this in psn+, it would be a killer feature of psn+.
Failing that do a monthly sub for £5 or so.

Plusnet Fibre Unlimited BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 11-Jun-15 18:09:38
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Only got This mate

I had a email but that only gives me the same code or i would have clicked on it again and gave you the new one if that was possible but it isn't .

Mate when you see the price structure you will go of and play something else.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 11-Jun-15 18:14:45
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

They Sony better buck there ideas up and don't go down the Microsoft route,they trounced Microsoft with the console war and exclusives and everything Microsoft got wrong Sony got right.

But i feel the tide is somewhat turning and Microsoft seem to be getting better and Sony seem to be going down the Greedy path to destruction .

Microsoft have far more exclusives on show than Sony this year at E3 [About time] and Sony have virtually nothing.

Only problem with most of Microsoft exclusives they are for Kids........Halo 5 anyone.

They better announce a Gears Redux for Xbox One,so i can get the duster out and can of pledge.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to