Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 11-Jun-15 19:12:17
Print Post

dx12 tech info presentation

[link to this post]

some info here, I set the start time to skip the nvidia product stuff before it.

https://youtu.be/2Fi1QHhdqV4?t=23m

Plusnet Fibre Unlimited BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 11-Jun-15 23:25:46
Print Post

Re: dx12 tech info presentation

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
some info here, I set the start time to skip the nvidia product stuff before it.

https://youtu.be/2Fi1QHhdqV4?t=23m
You can't set the start time to skip on my iPhone, so I watched the whole thing. It is in fact an hour and a half of marketing from an Nvidia rep.

Now just to be clear, the accusation against NVIDIA is that they close out the market by "partnering" with manufacturers and developers, and then claim that AMD could do decent day one drivers if they wanted to. The truth is of course, that this "partnering" prevents AMD from being properly optomised on day one. If anybody wants to have an opinion on it, please don't bother if you haven't bothered to watch the full video.

After an hour and 20 minutes of NVIDIA marketing, where he freely admits (if you actually care to infer what they aren't planning to do, rather than merely noting what they are planning to do) that they plan to continue with the same practice, even though the whole point of low level API is to remove the reliance on hardware manufacturers drivers for full optimisation.

Towards the end you will see him being asked (and laughing off) some rather uncomfortable questions, giving answers that you can clearly see the interviewer wanting to call bullsh*t on. But he can't, because this is blatantly a commercial presentation masquerading as gaming journalism. Almost an "Infommercial" as the sales boys like to coin it.

What is absolutely plain though as far as you are concerned Chrysalis, is that you obviously don't heed your own warnings of "bought reviews".
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 12-Jun-15 09:28:31
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

We have 2 issues on the nvidia thing.

bad amd drivers vs nvidia proprietary code.

I do personally think gameworks is effectively bullcrap, so on that I am not disagreeing with you (if thats what you meant in the other thread), but even before gameworks was been used, amd often had driver issues, so both are problems for amd users.
Since you watched the whole video you may have also noticed that they have gsync now working on laptops, and did you notice the presenter couldnt stop laughing? reason? because it shows the gsync module in desktop monitors isnt needed and thats also bullcrap, so make no mistake I dont think nvidia are saints, which is why I said in the other thread i want amd to come back stronger so we have good competition.

The main reason for posting the link here and why I added the start time was just to show the benefits of dx12.

dx12 will probably benefit amd much more than nvidia so I expect it to close the gap, amd may even take the lead with performance.

Also its now out in the public domain the 9xx series nvidia cards are not full dx12, I suspected this 6 months ago because they were been schum about it, but now its confirmed, but I still use nvidia simply because all I care about is how hot my card runs and how well it runs games, which sadly nvidia are still kings at. It of course may change in the future, but we will have to wait and see.

Rumours are regarding the new amd fury cards is they run very well and they small cards (So probably less heat and power). Wait another couple of weeks and those should be revealed soon.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 12-Jun-15 17:53:06
Print Post

Also its now out in the public domain the 9xx series nvidia cards are not full dx12, I suspected this 6 months ago because they were been schum about it, but now its confirmed, but I still use nvidia simply because all I care about is how hot my card runs and how well it runs games, which sadly nvidia are still kings at. It of course may change in the future, but we will have to wait and see.
Progress at last! It is all in the presentation Chrysalis and this is now the right presentation.

My bold. You would always want to get the best performance for your budget and I would never condemn anybody for that. Of course for many, price is a predominant and sometimes preclusive factor. Your last post makes the cup AMD are offering appear half full, rather than half empty. That is a great place to start a constructive discussion about the future of the gaming industry with these new API's.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 12-Jun-15 18:03:58
Print Post

So now its time to Kiss and make up and stop all the technical [censored] wink
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Fri 12-Jun-15 19:34:59
Print Post

This rumor looks well smart too smile
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Fri 12-Jun-15 19:37:29
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

More info here.
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Fri 12-Jun-15 19:42:51
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

More on the amd card.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 12-Jun-15 21:35:22
Print Post

to be clear the amd issues are not just related to gameworks.

e.g. I am playing now final fantasy 13-2 its built against DX9, gameworks is nowhere near this game and it runs like a dog on amd systems.

It just seems lately nvidia have been playing more dirty to widen the gap tho.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 12-Jun-15 23:45:38
Print Post

it runs like a dog on amd systems.

Sigh...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to