Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 23-Jun-15 15:43:46
Print Post

Another reason why i despise PC gaming

[link to this post]

Time and Time Again

The most powerful gaming system for gamers yet flaw after flaw getting Multi platform games to run correctly and look as awesome as they should given the graphic cards and performance.

This is another in a long list of reasons i eloped to Console Gaming,I'm not saying this is a bog standard issue,but during my time playing and supporting PC gaming i don't recall many times i installed a game without error and driver issues and a program that constantly kicked me out and needed constant attention and updating......PunkBuster ?

Im not even sure this program still exists but when it worked it was great but when it didn't it was Good Night Vienna when trying to play online games with dedicated servers.

Im not dishing the dirt on those that adore PC gaming,i just see this happening way to often and its something that shouldn't be happening.

Is this the developers fault of Nvidea and AMD and there Drivers ?
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Tue 23-Jun-15 17:09:32
Print Post

Re: Another reason why i despise PC gaming

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Nah this will be the result of poor optimization from the games developers, patch incoming lol

Worst part about the consoles having the lions share nowadays, cross platform being ported across to pc's, much harder to optimize for literally hundreds/thousands/millions of different system configurations!!
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 24-Jun-15 00:53:26
Print Post

I reckon you're jealous

wink

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 24-Jun-15 08:57:50
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Not in the slightest Matey,if i wanted one i would buy one wink

Is this spec better than Nellys

This is about the minimum spec i would go for,its a PC so i have no idea if it duel boots like Nellys or what the hell he's going on about regarding Steam.

I think he is talking about installing the Steam Platform or something ?

Edited by time2die (Wed 24-Jun-15 09:03:28)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 24-Jun-15 13:58:02
Print Post

Looks ok but too complicated for a console player like yourself wink

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 24-Jun-15 16:02:52
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Yeah console players are way more technically in the know crazy
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 24-Jun-15 22:24:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Not in the slightest Matey,if i wanted one i would buy one wink

Is this spec better than Nellys

This is about the minimum spec i would go for,its a PC so i have no idea if it duel boots like Nellys or what the hell he's going on about regarding Steam.

I think he is talking about installing the Steam Platform or something ?
That's a really cool system, but you are a marketing mans dream at times! Quite like the case they've used there though. smile

Mate. Dual booting just means swapping between operating systems. You install Windows, play games, or buy them through the Steam store perhaps. Steam OS is something different. It's an alternative operating system (hence the name "OS"). If you want to run as a Steam Machine on their new OS, you boot up (start your computer) in that mode. If you just want to play normal games, you boot up in Windows as you normally would. Simples!

A lot of people have bought "Steam Machines" already, but simply installed Windows on them for the time being.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 24-Jun-15 22:40:49
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I love me Gadgets wink

Ive just binned this BT home Hub 5 piece of junk and bought a duel band Netgear Router for £150.......Im sick of BT claiming this is good for wireless and claiming it offers the fastest wireless speeds possible......I don't think so.

I don't use wireless for gaming ......Im not simple tongue i use home plugs downstairs but lately and I can not figure if this is the HH5 ,the home plugs or the pathetic PSN network as its taking me absolutely hours to download things.

Got a 1gig Batman file redeemed code here which is saying 6 hours to download,what the [censored] !

It took me 7 hours today to download the Batman Arkam night update which was around 4 gig plus,never ever experienced such slow downloads from PSN before.

Done all the usual stuff,rebooted router,changed PSN dns and done connection test that said speed was ok.

anybody else suffering from 28k modem speed downloads from PSN.

Edited by time2die (Wed 24-Jun-15 22:46:46)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 24-Jun-15 22:52:34
Print Post

I love your gadgets more than mine. There's a lesson in there somewhere...

Anyway. If I couldn't stick that pc on my TV screen, I wouldn't be even bothering to buy one. Stuff sitting at a monitor. I break my back every day at work, I ain't doing it when I get home as well.

There's definitely only one reason for getting that close to a computer screen. wink
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 24-Jun-15 23:01:40
Print Post

The pc version of the game was outsourced to a 12 man studio that specializes in console development, could have at least outsourced it to a pc development studio.

Orange BB 5856/448

Edited by ccxo (Wed 24-Jun-15 23:03:36)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to