Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 02-Jul-15 12:45:23
Print Post

No update on Nellys New Toy

[link to this post]

Obviously not that exciting then tongue or he's spent the last 4 days trying to update the drivers or get it up and running......

You Decide ? wink
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Thu 02-Jul-15 22:14:52
Print Post

Re: No update on Nellys New Toy

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Or the Mrs kicked him out when it turned up tongue
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 02-Jul-15 23:17:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Obviously not that exciting then tongue or he's spent the last 4 days trying to update the drivers or get it up and running......
Sorry. I have actually spent a couple of hours every night sorting stuff out from my old pc!

The games I've thrown at it so far average 80-90 frames per second on Ultra. The only issue I had at the beginning was some screen tearing here and there, as I'm using a TV, not a monitor.

I've now set the refresh rate at 59Hz and turned V-sync on and it runs at exactly
60 fps continually. That's at Custom Ultra with absolutely everything on and maxed. Thanks to Kila for that tip. ;o)

For the racing games I play, the R9 380 is running them buttery smooth with cracking visuals. No driver issues, no micro stutter, no tearing unless you let the frame rate run free (pointless on a TV). It is extremely quiet considering it is in such a tiny case. It runs really cool too, not going above 63°C in the heat yesterday which I was quite frankly amazed at. I am quite confident that this card will run virtually anything at 1080p in Ultra and still manage close to 60fps. I was expecting a reference type card, but it actually arrived with a Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB with twin cooling fans. Very pleased with that. smile

So contrary to recent claims on the forum, this "re-branded" AMD graphics card is not suffering from disastrous drivers, extreme temperatures, hair dryer fan volumes and is absolutely, categorically, une-f***ing-quivocally NOT running like a dog.

Thank god I stuck to the old fashioned method of researching things for myself.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 02-Jul-15 23:28:58
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Technically, she couldn't be described as overly enthused. wink
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 03-Jul-15 00:10:54
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

some good magic dust then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMH3Pdd3KrY

how is the 4k project cars gameplay working out?

Plusnet Fibre Unlimited BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Fri 03-Jul-15 00:13:30)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Jul-15 07:28:54
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I don't own Project Cars yet. And we moved on from 4k ages ago. I can't fit anything bigger into the case because of power supply restrictions, remember?

You dish out such fanboy criticism of another manufacturer, then when Kila has repeated crashing issues on his new card, you admit to suffering the same issue. And his cure was nothing to do with your advice either. The truth is they are as good and bad as each other from title to title.

The fact is that you have consistently overstated "problems" with my choice of card, yet it has not crashed/struggled at all. If you want to call me a liar, please do it openly.

These guys think you're wrong too.
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Fri 03-Jul-15 10:13:46
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

You're welcome for the tip but can you please leave my poor recovering 970 out of this wink

That 380 looks great value for money and I doubt you can get better for the money tbh whether you're team red or green!!
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Fri 03-Jul-15 11:40:07
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Not taking sides here either but let's not forget that nelly was trying to do this build on a sensible budget, yeah given he's not gonna hit 4k with his card but neither am I with my 970 which cost £70-80 more!!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Jul-15 13:30:24
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Well thats what happens when you two decide to use Pound Land for Gaming Machines crazy

You pays your money you get your goods ?

Only get as Good as you pay For ?

On a serious note,I'm having more fun on a old Xbox 360 than any of the recent new Consoles .........Gears 3 Rocks.
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Fri 03-Jul-15 14:04:46
Print Post

I actually went to discount uk I'll have you know blush
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to