Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 09-Jul-15 08:05:38
Print Post

Playstation Now ?

[link to this post]

Im still struggling to come to terms with these rentals on Playstation Now and Sony utter Greed and stupidity.

Its in Beta form at present and i was going to say i was one of the lucky people chosen to participate but Lucky isn't the word i would use.

What planet Sony are on is anyones guess ?

Latest games to come to the beta Uncharted 3 and Dead Space 3 and a fair few others,get this you can play Uncharted 3 for £3.99 for 2 days or £7.99 for 30 and then its game over,you don't get to keep it,own it or anything.

You can literally buy the games on offer for a few quid on a retail disk,the only problem is you still need your connected Playstation 3 and you still have to have the mindset to play older generation games.

Generally i never go back,but this time its different having been for the majority of the last 2 years underwhelmed buy the lack of next generation games,constant remakes and delays in games we saw 3 years ago.

So my Xbox Slim 360 is getting plenty of use,the Xbox One None and the Wii U thrown literally in a box in a cupboard.

Sony really have got the head up the [censored] to think that this playstation Now is going to be a success ,it screams out epic fail as nobody is going to pay these extortionate prices for old games on a rental scheme,it just isn't going to happen.

For this to work they have to be 0.99p for a month max.crazy
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 09-Jul-15 09:37:22
Print Post

Re: Playstation Now ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I still have my PS3 so there's no way I will be renting a PS3 game.

I'm waiting for AC Rouge to drop in price for my PS3

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Thu 09-Jul-15 22:37:47
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Those prices would be ok for a new release but not for old games. Surely not many people will pay that. A Netflix/Spotify type subscription would be good, fixed monthly price and play all you like. Perhaps have different price levels, pay a higher sub to get games sooner.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 09-Jul-15 23:33:03
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

I just can't really imagine paying to play old games at all to be honest, let alone that much.
  Print Thread

Jump to