Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 10-Jul-15 06:55:12
Print Post

Digital download prices

[link to this post]

Seeing as we've pondered this here so many times over the years, this sounds like the first really plausible reason I've heard. And business will always put business first, as we know.

I still think it will be a long time before the casual crowd fully embrace digital though. A bird in the hand and all that.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 12-Jul-15 16:36:49
Print Post

Re: Digital download prices

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I Don't believe any of that claptrap and excuses as to why Digital content is more expensive that actual retail disks.mad

Anyway Nelly why have we not had umpteen posts about your new Geeky Toy,i expected you to be furiously posting about your toy but as of yet have seen very little.

Edited by time2die (Sun 12-Jul-15 16:38:54)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 12-Jul-15 16:41:29
Print Post

this was already known but before now was only unofficially known.

Digital prices kept high to keep retailers happy.

Plusnet Fibre Unlimited BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 12-Jul-15 16:50:38
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

And that One retailer so happens to be Greedy GAME tongue.

Since they have basically killed small independent shops,bought out Gamestation and then destroyed them and nearly fell into liquidation themselves.

Only the other day i was in Game trying to dump some of the games i have acquired over the months as trade ins.

Actually got my Xbox 360 slim [250gig] and all the Gears games for what i traded,the idiot in the shop tried to pressure me into pre/ordering games but i said i wasn't interested,sort of said i would get more trade in value on my stuff i was trading if i did,he continued to pressure me into pre/ordering and came out with comments like........You don't like free stuff then mate.

I finally flipped my lid and told him i can not stand Game and only use this company for the sole reason of getting rid of unwanted games.

I then explained why i didn't like them as the reasons i gave at the start of this post.

I used to like Game when they first came on the scene,but its sad the likes of all the small independent shops,Gamestation and Blockbusters are no more.

Infact Game only has a small high street rival in CEX.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 12-Jul-15 17:02:09
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

yep they a scourge on the industry frown

Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Sun 12-Jul-15 22:46:26
Print Post

That definitely makes sense, at some point though guess they will say 'screw the retailers' and drop digital prices and it will be the norm like it is on PC. Perhaps that will be when they are confident that the majority of people have a superfast internet connection.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 12-Jul-15 23:27:04
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Perhaps that will be when they are confident that the majority of people have a superfast internet connection.
Precisely. If they don't have to produce a disc, deliver a disc, give retailers a cut for shelving a disc, then they would likely make more money by selling for less. They'd probably even sell more copies to boot.

Let's face it, MS being out of the gate way too early with the Xbone launch, just proved it's financially advantageous for them to go digital.
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Sun 12-Jul-15 23:29:35
Print Post

Game is a waste of time, I occasionally go in and browse and most things are so over priced I wonder why I bother. Last time I was after a PS3 controller and they were selling used ones for about the same price as a new one from a online retailer.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 13-Jul-15 05:06:25
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

steam are slowly starting to get more expensive tho, greed setting in.

gog an alternative to steam is typically cheaper and has no DRM.

e.g. tropica 4 DLC on steam is about £45 frown on gog its £3.50, even not on sale on gog its way cheaper than steam.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 13-Jul-15 07:28:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Anyway Nelly why have we not had umpteen posts about your new Geeky Toy,i expected you to be furiously posting about your toy but as of yet have seen very little.
Not really interested in all this modding malarkey. Too busy at work to even sit down and read about it! I like testing out the features and fiddling with the settings, but beyond that I'm more interested in building than tweaking. Everything I design at work depends heavily on building in redundancy, for reliable operation over terms as long as 20 years. Stretching things to there absolute limit is a foreign concept to me.

It plays driving games reliably at Ultra without any type of slow down. That's enough for me. smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to