Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 11-Jul-15 17:27:27
Print Post

Here is my New Toy

[link to this post]

Replaces my Mybook Live

Replaced it because i was getting fed up with Time Machine not recognising the Drive for Mybook live and not doing the back ups required.

To be fair i think it was more of a WD MyBook issue as it seems to be resolved when i unplug the thing and restart and do a rebuild of the contents.

It cost around £99 a few years back and has served me well and streamed my content like Films,Music Etc to all my devices ,the apple stuff doesn't like most files like Avi and mkv so its long winded Handbrake conversion to MP4 which is the chosen Apple format.

My Sony TV plays just about anything but the girlfriends Samsung in the bedroom won't play certain files either.

Anyway will set this Baby up tomorrow and it gives me 4tb of storage unlike my Mybook live which was filling up fast and was only 2tb.

Been looking at these Synology Nass media solutions for ages but most of them come empty of hard drives and cost the best part of £500 [which is 5 Recently bought Nelly PC money ].

This comes pre installed with 2x2tb drives......smile
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Jul-15 17:33:29
Print Post

Re: Here is my New Toy

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Very nice!!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 11-Jul-15 17:47:00
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

You use these media servers Jorkila matey wink I think knowing your knowledge and love of Gaming and media i bet you do .

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Jul-15 18:23:44
Print Post

I just use a program called ps3 media server on pc for streaming to my Panny smart tv.
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Jul-15 18:27:04
Print Post

I also have a seagate wireless hdd that I can plug straight into my tv via usb but I've never used it lol

I bought 2 when they were reduced from £104.99 down to £21.99 I think!! Only 500gb and usb 2.0 though frown but as I said before I stream straight from my pc to tv, works flawlessly!!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 11-Jul-15 20:47:16
Print Post

whatever rocks your boat wink i have lots of other streaming devices and wireless solutions.

Plex Media server is another,but i like these Nass systems,plug it into the router upstairs in my office and hey presto all done and dusted.

Well it was pretty simple with the MyBool Live ,let you know about the Synology when i set it up.

As long as i can drag and drop my films and music into the folders and the Synology shows up on my media devices like my iPad and Tv and the rest of the gadgets around this house.
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Jul-15 21:08:58
Print Post

Yeah I have a nowtv box which I've side loaded a version of plex media server on to stream movie and tv websites on smile
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Jul-15 21:09:21
Print Post

I'm sure you'll figure it out wink
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 12-Jul-15 06:49:47
Print Post

Keep it quiet that Nelly might want to invest in one wink
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Sun 19-Jul-15 11:25:51
Print Post

Very nice smile is it doing what you want now it's set up?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to