Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nine
(regular) Thu 16-Jul-15 02:06:33
Print Post

ps now available

[link to this post]

hi everyone

PS now is available to all in ps4 store in beta form. i find that the prices are not that cheap looking at some games 4.99 for 2 days and 7.99 for 30. Most of these games you can get cheap and likely gamers will still have old ps3 so you could pick these up less then fiver to keep.

what’s your thoughts?
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Jul-15 08:01:21
Print Post

Re: ps now available

[re: nine] [link to this post]

The prices and basic structure are a joke as already discussed by myself and other in the forum on numerous occasions .

I deleted the program weeks ago as i won't nothing to do with this type of greed,like you say and everybody else on here paying £4.99 to rent a old playstation 3 game for 2 days is taking the [censored] Big Time.

Im struggling to understand who came up with this pathetic idea and price plan because i wouldn't pay £4.99 even to own the older game when you can pick them up for £0.99p or just over on a retail disk,

Edited by time2die (Thu 16-Jul-15 08:02:38)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 16-Jul-15 11:00:15
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

the problem is sony see this as a cash cow, instead of an added value experience for their customers.

the fact microsoft and sony taking different approaches may be related to their health.

microsoft billions in profits from corporate windows and office, 10s of billions in the bank, sony having to sell assets every year to keep going.

Plusnet Fibre Unlimited BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 16-Jul-15 11:01:15)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Jul-15 18:51:16
Print Post

I don't think it's greedy at all, purely business.

Technically of course, it can't really be expensive if there is nothing comparitive. There is a huge investment that needs paying off if we are to see technology like this develop. Many people will spend a fiver of their disposable income on two days of gameplay, just as we all used to happily rent an hour and a half of VHS gold every weekend. It's aimed purely at the casuals. And if you want to buy it for the same price on a disk from a far flung eBay destination, then wait for it to arrive, knock yourself out.

But (just as you and I did with the PS4) some people will embrace this tech early and bring the price down for the rest of us. What's the problem with that? It's only old stuff you've already played or never wanted to play in the first place.

Maybe the prices are intended to control the Beta? If it were a pound a pop, I suspect you would have single handedly crashed the system already, by playing every available title for 30 seconds each. tongue wink

Edited by mrnelster (Thu 16-Jul-15 18:52:57)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 16-Jul-15 18:53:42
Print Post

had a look, yeah its a complete joke.

surprise no media fuss over it, which is what made them sort of back down in america.

Plusnet Fibre Unlimited BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Jul-15 21:46:11
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Its Greed mate no matter how you look at it and you surprise me in those comments basically defending Sony.

You can not possibly charge such inflated prices for games from the playstation 3 era and twice as much as the actual retail disks on sale in the shops.

Add to that you don't even own them and have a 2 options of a 2 day rental or 30 day and its another kick in the [censored]......

This will never ever take of and only the local village idiot would buy into such a stupid greedy idea,and i don't think even Swanny will be interested crazy
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Jul-15 21:49:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
I don't think it's greedy at all, purely business.

Technically of course, it can't really be expensive if there is nothing comparitive. There is a huge investment that needs paying off if we are to see technology like this develop. Many people will spend a fiver of their disposable income on two days of gameplay, just as we all used to happily rent an hour and a half of VHS gold every weekend. It's aimed purely at the casuals. And if you want to buy it for the same price on a disk from a far flung eBay destination, then wait for it to arrive, knock yourself out.
But (just as you and I did with the PS4) some people will embrace this tech early and bring the price down for the rest of us.
... nested quotes trimmed ...

Wrong,if people buy at these stupid prices then Sony will not reduce the costs.
What's the problem with that? It's only old stuff you've already played or never wanted to play in the first place.

Maybe the prices are intended to control the Beta? If it were a pound a pop, I suspect you would have single handedly crashed the system already, by playing every available title for 30 seconds each. tongue wink
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Jul-15 23:28:58
Print Post

Its Greed mate no matter how you look at it
Conversely, I'm not at all surprised that you cannot comprehend the rationale.
you surprise me in those comments basically defending Sony
You seriously didn't ought to take it down this road, trust me.
Standard User nine
(regular) Thu 16-Jul-15 23:45:40
Print Post

u never know they may include it in the ps plus subscription. instead sony giving you what they pick maybe they will let us choose the 2 ps3 games from ps now for a month.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 17-Jul-15 00:25:51
Print Post

Trust me.........Why ? You a Doctor tongue.

Hey i know where you live ........Trust me you don't want to go down that road......Theres a lot of pot holes tongue
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to