Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 05-Aug-15 07:55:24
Print Post

Playstation 4 Owners its Galak Z Day

[link to this post]

If your in to Nostalgic shooters that are a real challenge and look drop dead gorgeous then this is the game for you.

By all accounts its a extremely difficult shooter with Manga Style graphics and lovely explosions,been waiting on this game for over a year having been originally pencilled in for a September 2014 release.

Its not cheap at £14.99 but as soon as this hits the PSN store today its a purchase.wink

And no Nelly its Galak Z not Garlic Bread tongue
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 05-Aug-15 09:39:24
Print Post

Re: Playstation 4 Owners its Galak Z Day

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

My missus called me an idiot for planning to build a spaghetti sports car.

You should have seen her face as I drove pasta...
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 05-Aug-15 15:35:30
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Another Frank Carson Christmas Cracker 4 months early wink

Its now downloading at £11.99 after plus discount ...Whoopee [censored] Doo!!!!

Edited by time2die (Wed 05-Aug-15 15:36:24)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 05-Aug-15 19:54:25
Print Post

Awaiting your synopsis...
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Aug-15 23:34:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
Awaiting your synopsis...

You should see a doctor

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Aug-15 07:55:38
Print Post

The game is like a old school shoot em up with some drop dead gorgeous graphics and I'm well impressed,the controls take a considerable long time to get used to and the game is one tough Cookie and extremely hard and you have to restart the level from the very beginning if you fail to accomplish the mission in question.

Didn't play it much last night as i was somewhat tired and not really in the Gaming mood but I'm really enjoying what i have seen and played and I'm well impressed.

Another thing i like is the mission structure,if you die and lose your shields when you start again you are not given the same mission,apparently there are 5 episodes each with 5 missions,i have done the prologue and not done any of the missions so far because it was extremely tough but very rewarding and the fact i only spent about 45 minutes with it.

Edited by time2die (Thu 06-Aug-15 08:08:00)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Aug-15 08:06:46
Print Post

iamTylerDurden
Aug 4, 2015
Galak-Z is a beautiful space opera that will serenade you with sweet retro melodies one minute and pummel you with punishing difficulty the next. Galak-Z is a flatout fantastic game, it's an 80's anime inspired rogue-lite space shooter that feels like being in a Saturday morning cartoon. It has a significant learning curve and will take some up to a full hour to feel like a badazz space pilot, but once you master the controls and the realistic physics it becomes pure space fighting bliss.

Galak-Z is broken up into 4 seasons with a 5th coming in 1-2 months via free update, each season is broken up into 5 episodes (levels) which take approximately 10 minutes to complete depending on skill. If you die you must start all over at the beginning of your current season, it's a semi perma-death. Luckily, once you beat a season (5 episodes) and move onto the next it acts as a checkpoint system. If you were to beat season 1 and then die in the middle of season 2 you would start over at season 2 instead of having to play from the very beginning. It can be quite a challenge to beat 5 episodes in a row in order to reach the next season, but once you get to season 2 you unlock mech mode! Mech mode is the ability to transform from a ship to a plasma-sword wielding mech on the fly. Playing as an Optimus Prime like mech is just as awesome as it sounds. The mech wields a viscous plasma-sword that is deadly at close quarters and can be charged for a super attack. My favorite mech ability is the grappling hook arm that can grab any item from close range to long range and can be used for a multitude of purposes. You can grab and throw space junk/asteroids ect and hit enemies for damage, you can grab enemies and smash them into other enemies, throw flammable barrels, you can use objects as shields or to stealthily hide behind, and my personal favorite is grabbing an enemy and thrashing it to death with your sword while it's in your headlock like deathgrip. The two different styles between mech and ship compliment each other well making combat extremely satisfying.

17bit clearly crafted Galak-Z with love and precision, and you can tell with each perfectly placed pixel. The physics are incredibly realistic and the ai is so dynamical that many times you will come up on an all out battle royale happening independently in space. The weapons and upgrades are terrific, the story is sufficient, and the gameplay is sublime. Galak-Z is a beautiful love letter to retro gaming, but with gorgeous visuals and high style. At first it's tough and Galak-Z will hurt, but it hurts so good, just hang on and learn the controls and you will surely fall in love just as i did. Galak-Z on PS4 gets a 9.5/10.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Aug-15 17:05:06
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Has to be one of the toughest retro shooters i have ever played,you do get better but you need to persevere as this game doesn't take any prisoners wink

Nelly steer well clear as i don't think you will have the patience mate in all honesty based on the difficulty this game is ?

Its a brilliant game but i would hate you wasting £11.99 only to get frustrated as dying and having to start over and over again just like Bloodborne.

You do get what you collected though.like upgrades for your shields and weapons if you managed to buy some .
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 07-Aug-15 06:37:46
Print Post

Cheers, I might hang fire on that one for now then!
  Print Thread

Jump to