Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 31-Aug-15 08:57:01
Print Post

Metal Gear Solid V …Epic isn't a big enough word.

[link to this post]

So last night at around 9pm i could not resist firing up MGS5 and giving it a go based on the glowing reviews and the anticipation i had for this game.

This is not a review as the game has so many hours in it that would be impossible.

Lets just say a started it at 9pm and the introduction and titles for the game started at 10.10pm after playing the prologue which took just over 1 hour.

The game oozes class and it has to be one of the best looking games i have witnessed in a long long time,amazing graphics and amazing gameplay and i have just about got to mission 1 which i still haven't done.

The way its presented is Uncharted levels and this has to be a contender for Game of the year even if i have only played it for about 3 hours,one thing for sure can not wait until later today to put it back on.wink
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-Sep-15 07:57:08
Print Post

Re: Metal Gear Solid V …Epic isn't a big enough word.

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

A absolutely amazing game we have here and right up there in my all time top 10 games of the past decade for sure.

Don't ask me to explain the story as it makes little to no sense unless your a MGS fanatic and i never really have been.

But this game is right along side Uncharted in presentation and gameplay and being its a stealth type game which is not exactly my favourite style for it to even be considered in my top 10 says it all.

Anyone that has a PS4 or Xbox One should own this Gem wink
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 01-Sep-15 16:13:56
Print Post

Too stealthy for me. I get bored and then start shooting which ends up with me being dead

Glad you like it though. Have fun

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-Sep-15 16:26:06
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Checkout what you can do in this game

You may change your mind ?

I don't generally like MGS games that much,but when they are of this standard then to me its a no brainer and I'm actually really having a amazing time with the game and absolute love it.

Its a tad complicated at times and can prove difficult when a small army is chasing you,but thats were my FPS skills come into play and my run and gun prefference against Stealth tactics.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-Sep-15 16:33:28
Print Post

You can shoot them with the tranquilliser gun and also sneak up on them and put them in a neck hold,and if all that fails and you get spotted like i do most of the time then its a all guns blazing scenario which will also do the trick.

Don't be fooled into thinking its all about stealth of which it is well known for ?

You can take the Nelly approach if you like but on occasions it may be a little overpowering if you haven't dealt with sentries and other lookouts wink
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-Sep-15 17:48:15
Print Post

You can take the Nelly approach if you like but on occasions it may be a little overpowering if you haven't dealt with sentries and other lookouts wink
Of course technically speaking, I never "approach".

I just bowl in like I own the place...
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-Sep-15 17:49:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
Too stealthy for me. I get bored and then start shooting which ends up with me being dead
Which is precisely what happened to me playing Ground Zeroes, so I gave up after an hour!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-Sep-15 18:23:37
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Possible Game of the year for me now Uncharted 4 has been put back to next year.

Mind you Bloodborne has been another special game for me even though they are so far apart in terms of the type of game they are.

Funny thing is i have never ever been a avid fan of Metal Gear games but this game draws you in has you fully involved and immersed like no other and believe me when i tell you it literally oozes class and production wise there isn't much to beat it.

You would be a fool to leave this game and not give it some of your dedicated time and effort,i didn't like Ground Zero either and i soon gave up,but for some reason since i started playing it i just can not wait until later in the evening to play it for 3/4 hours again and i haven't even touched the surface of this masterpiece.

Only about once maybe twice a year does a game have that hold on me and this MGS5 certainly does that.

Edited by time2die (Tue 01-Sep-15 18:24:40)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Sep-15 15:12:15
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
Of course technically speaking, I never "approach".

I just bowl in like I own the place...

It's my game on my PS4 so I do own the place laugh

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Sep-15 15:23:05
Print Post

Don't follow you with that comment Swanny wink makes little to no sense of what Nelly actually said in his response .
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to