Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 18-Oct-15 08:35:42
Print Post

Mousey and me

[link to this post]

So my new Steel Series Sensei Wireless arrived yesterday and it is a really nice gadget. A little pricey perhaps, but the charging station is what justified the price for me personally. It is as described in many reviews, a heavy, quality feeling piece of kit, with a brushed aluminium finish.

There is an apparently common issue however. It works straight out of the box, but when you download and open the engine software, there is a little warning at the top telling you to carry out a critical firmware update. If you click it, the update fails and the mouse becomes inoperable in wireless mode. The only simple fix was to uninstall the engine, then download it again and ignore the "critical" firmware update. Some have updated it by messing about with boot loaders etc but [censored] that for a game of soldiers. It's working fine and you still have all the functionality for adjusting the mouse operation itself. There is a "Game Sense" application or something, that is supposed to detect games and automatically offer the optimum settings that requires it (I think) but I'm not worried about that for now.

Anyway, it works a treat. smile

My Sony Move navigation controller has also arrived. I have recently however, encountered a problem with Bluetooth disappearing from Windows 8, and between me, Kila and the world wide web, we couldn't sort it within half an hour, so gave up and simply plugged the DS4 in instead. It was working fine and suddenly Input Mapper (DS4 tool to some) stopped recognising it. When I tried to pair it again, Bluetooth has completely disappeared from Windows in its entirety. Bonkers.

So last night I went to bed with Windows 10 update installing. I'm hoping for a Bluetooth breakfast surprise. What are the odds? smile

Anyway, after attempting Titanfall with a mouse and keyboard, I quickly realised that I wasn't anywhere near nerdy enough to pull it off and I'm now open to advice on the best practice medium. I got a free copy of Red Alert (2 I think?) through Origin, so there's that option. Or World of Tanks that I got free with my 4690k?

Suggestions such as wearing a vest or tank top are not welcome.
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Tue 20-Oct-15 22:20:47
Print Post

Re: Mousey and me

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Can't help with the problem but that's a damn nice looking mouse! smile

Used to be a mouse and keyboard man but I rather a controller now..... probably just what you get used to though, to begin with when I switched to using a controller I hated it.

Did the Windows 10 upgrade help?

Edited by astateoftrance (Tue 20-Oct-15 22:22:21)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 21-Oct-15 00:01:41
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Did the Windows 10 upgrade help?
Nope. frown

Need an early finish to get in touch with Cyberpower Tech support. Hoping it's not a faulty Mobo.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 21-Oct-15 00:13:32
Print Post

Can't help with the problem but that's a damn nice looking mouse!
It is mate. The charger is awesome. Glows green, yellow, then red as the battery runs down. And the mouse illumination is extinguished whenever you have your hand over it, to conserve battery life. Nice little touches. smile

I've set the DPI right down to 1500 ish and to 800 when you press the DPI switch. A sniper toggle button effectively. Just got to work out how to get hits with it now lol!

What the [censored] people need a16000 DPI setting for is beyond mind boggling! crazy
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 25-Oct-15 15:21:34
Print Post

What's the good having all the gear & no idea but still not allowed to play wink
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 25-Oct-15 17:04:06
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jorkila:
What's the good having all the gear & no idea but still not allowed to play wink
Just need to sort this bluetooth problem and I'll be up and running! smile

I'm not interested in the keyboard so need to get the Sony navigator working.
(experienced) Mon 26-Oct-15 21:14:36
Print Post

Very nice. No idea what those DPI settings mean any more, if I ever did.. my main gaming mouse was a MS intelli explorer I used for years on default settings. Liked that mouse a lot. smile

Just got a cheapo logitech one now wouldn't mind a upgrade though even if it's just for general computer use.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 27-Oct-15 07:16:33
Print Post

DPI…………Dumb Plane Idiot wink
(experienced) Tue 27-Oct-15 09:23:40
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

grin