Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Nov-15 11:50:15
Print Post

Fallout 4 has Landed in Timeys Lap

[link to this post]

Installing as i speak,actually its about 70% complete which has took about 30 minutes..........Then the update,then the airport for her indoors .

Hopefully tonight it lives up to my high expectations and i will spend many hours with the game .

Installed,update Installed ,ready to rock and roll later this evening wink

Lets hope i don't get bored to death at the character creation screen wink

Im going for a preset thats for sure.wink

Edited by time2die (Mon 09-Nov-15 12:33:47)

Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Nov-15 13:09:28
Print Post

Re: Fallout 4 has Landed in Timeys Lap

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Enjoy matey!!Looking at this video I'm rather interested now as it looks stunning on ultra setting on pc!!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Nov-15 17:14:48
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Yeah but I'm not playing with a Metal Mickey in a coffined corner of a darkened Room with back and Neck Ache.wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Nov-15 19:15:35
Print Post

Excellent smile

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Mon 09-Nov-15 20:52:41
Print Post

Never played one of these games but it does look good.. would you be missing out not having played previous ones, is it a continuing story or standalone one ?
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Nov-15 21:10:35
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

You'll be fine they are all standalone

Just wander about in post nuclear war America and kill stuff while collecting bottle tops

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Nov-15 21:17:14
Print Post

It's all rather slow going while looking flipping fantastic on PC!!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-Nov-15 01:03:30
Print Post

Re: Fallout 4 ,2 hours In ? Thoughts

Well this is just a brief summary of a game that could literally take up 200 hours of game time,exploration and understanding certain games is not exactly my forte and i like games that really make it crystal clear as to where to go and what to do next.

Right……..Fallout 4 is brilliant,it sucks you into a post apocalyptic world and it keeps you well and truly gripped from the moment the game plays out.

Graphically its no showboat and graphics go from outstanding [the streams ] to Minecraft in places if I'm honest,but Fallout has never been up there with Uncharted and never tried to be.

What i like about this game is the Shooting and the Vax System this game uses,what i don't like about this game is the Map and the confusing aspects associated with it.

You have a bar at the bottom of the screen and when you are on a mission thats all fine and dandy,but as you walk towards a mission all kind of different symbols appear and it hard to work out which one to pick,which is a side quest and which is the main mission.

Do you know it took me the best part of 45 minutes to actually work out how to get out of vault 111…….Something that should take 10 minutes tops.

Ive actually come across a group of raiders which i have wasted Sam Peckinpah style and found the robotic suit,I'm told to go outside and kill what appears to be the first wasteland Monster,I'm also told to pick up the Gatling gun to do so,think i can find that [youtube here i come already]whats needed is clear markers on the map line instead of symbols that mean literally nothing to me.

Edit……..Sorted,the gun is it right by the power armour suit,well top of the roof crazy

Seriously thick or What…..You Decide Go to 57 minutes to catch my drift.

I have to put my Pip Boy on,highlight the map to see what these symbols actually mean,try as i might i have spent 30 minutes trying to avoid this wasteland monster looking for the gun.

So tonight people i saved the game and left it still totally confused but blown away by a game that will take me until this time next year to finish………If i ever get anywhere near finishing it when they are this rich in content and exploration .

Edited by time2die (Tue 10-Nov-15 01:30:49)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-Nov-15 01:04:30
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Great summary there Swanny tongue
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 10-Nov-15 02:46:49
Print Post

what I find interesting is that video is still online yet when someone uploads a video showing frame rate drops this happens.

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by ZeniMax Media Inc."

But yeah the early parts of his video didnt look great but that scene at 57mins+ is quite good.

it would seem the ps4 version is actually overall better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPZXkdD1RwQ

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4

Edited by Chrysalis (Tue 10-Nov-15 02:58:51)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to