Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 12-Nov-15 17:09:26
Print Post

Rise of The Tomb Raider.........Exceptional Game

[link to this post]

This game dropped this morning and i have been giving it a couple of hours and i have to say its breathtaking in level design ,graphics and amazing set pieces.

The last Tomb Raider reboot was superb but this although similar in style and substance is on another level when it comes to presentation.

More exploring of Tombs this time around and lots of upgrading and levelling up is required and much to find and explore.

Games had me totally Hooked for the past few hours and i will return later this evening when i get back home.

Obviously i still have much work to do in Fallout having not scratched the surface,but i think I'm going to spend most of my time with Tomb Raider for now as its a more of a pick up and have a play than Fallout 4 which is going to take me 12 months to finish........If i ever do.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is around 30 hours long,there is no multiplayer but there are other modes and challenges,even a Horde mode if you want to purchase the season pass and a lot of other content to be had like challenging friends and using your card packs to change the way the game plays out with the added bonus collected or payed for if your that way inclined and can not be bothered with searching through the whole game....

Stunning game and i can see why Microsoft paid a small fortune for the Exclusivity rumoured to be for a year crazy.

Think more like 6 months myself but i have read that this is not on a playstation 4 until this time in 2016.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Nov-15 19:18:29
Print Post

Re: Rise of The Tomb Raider.........Exceptional Game

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
Stunning game and i can see why Microsoft paid a small fortune for the Exclusivity rumoured to be for a year crazy.

Think more like 6 months myself but i have read that this is not on a playstation 4 until this time in 2016.

Looks like you won't have anyone to talk to about it then laugh

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Thu 12-Nov-15 19:47:05
Print Post

Really enjoyed the last Tomb Raider and this one looks fantastic, one of the few current games that I really want to play.

It does make me want a Xbox but really dislike the way developers pay for exclusivity on a third party game, it's just lazy and should not be rewarded IMO. They should go and make a new game to be exclusive to their platform.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 12-Nov-15 20:01:54
Print Post

PS4 will have to wait until November 2016 for the year of exclusivity to end- though 6 months would have been enough, PC it will be out early 2016.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 13-Nov-15 01:17:04
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

True gamers have all consoles………….Period….crazy

Then you don't miss out of Games of this class……….Simples wink
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Fri 13-Nov-15 08:49:34
Print Post

Excellent to hear! I'm going to be picking this up very shortly, possibly this weekend but more than likely next weekend. I loved the last Tomb Raider but my only complaint was that the tombs were far too easy and didn't take much exploring so I'm really happy to hear that they have improved on this.

Can't wait!!!!! laugh
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 14-Nov-15 01:38:21
Print Post

Move over Uncharted Rise has just taken your crown

Seriously even i didn't think a game could put one over the mighty Uncharted,but after 10 hours with this gem I'm saying on a personal level this to me out shines Uncharted in almost everyway possible.

Obviously its just my personal opinion but this is the greatest game i have played this year and its one of those games you just don't want to switch of.

Im not putting this along side the mighty Fallout 4 another outstanding game,but i have put a mere few hours with Fallout so I'm not in a position to say to much about and its completely different in style to Rise of the Tomb Raider.

The personal responsible for the level and map design needs some major credit as its a site to behold and literally jaw dropping in places.

the set pieces amaze as does the action and gun play,not for a single second have i become bored or frustrated by any part of this game,even the tombs ,although not extremely challenging they are better than the previous with more to them.

The collectables and things to do in the game are also another major highlight and i can see this being game of the year for many a gamer and again a reason to literally Own a Xbox One or 360 for that matter.

Crystal Dynamics have done themselves proud here,and after the 10 hours i have spent with this game they can comfortably be compared with Naughty Dog based on what they have produced here as its bordering on masterful.wink

Edited by time2die (Sat 14-Nov-15 08:25:49)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 14-Nov-15 08:28:56
Print Post

Re: Move over Uncharted Rise has just taken your crown

In which case I'll have to get it on pc, rather than wait a whole year!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 14-Nov-15 17:20:26
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

If you are prepared to be about 12 inches from a monitor with an Back ache wink
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 15-Nov-15 00:10:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
If you are prepared to be about 12 inches from a monitor with an Back ache wink
The only time you will find me a full 12 inches away from my computer monitor, is when the wife's out.... wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to