Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 01-Dec-15 16:46:11
Print Post

wii-u will get some use

[link to this post]

Good upcoming jrpg. xenoblade chronicles X, wii-u exclusive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loBdGe954JY

Will have to buy one of the overpriced pro controllers tho as that tablet thing I hate.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-Dec-15 17:11:42
Print Post

Re: wii-u will get some use

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Packed mine away months ago,I used to admire and love Nintendo but they completely lost the plot and concentrate on games that hardly interest your average gamer,lost literally all 3rd party support and released a console so under/powered compared to the big boys its no surprise to me that literally 30 months after the release of the stupid named WII U they come 2016 will in my opinion release another console [Code Named Nintendo NX ] that will trump the mighty Playstation 4 and Xbox One and then force the both of them to come up with something a lot quicker than both Microsoft and Sony had planned.

Obviously Nintendo new console is going to have to be exceptional,its already rumoured that the new Zelda game was held back for its release on there new hardware,and to be honest i wouldn't or couldn't even be bothered to unpack my Nintendo Wii U to play it ,even if it was just released.

The Nintendo Wii blew away the competition given its motion controlled games and gimmick at the time,Sony got on board with the Move and Microsoft with the Kinnect,but by then the novelty and game support had wore of and no real avid gamer cared for it.

Nintendo then got lazy and complacent,released a similar console with a slightly better spec and a tablet sized mammoth controller with a battery life that was extremely poor and its failed regardless of the cheap price because nobody other than the kiddie community care.

Don't get me wrong Nintendo to me started me of with gaming and in there hey day and on some occasions with there first party titles blow the competition away,but sadly these times are very rare and only about one time if that a year is there anything gaming related to get excited about on any Nintendo Platform.

I really do hope they bring there next console to the market with a spec sheet as long as my arm.

There really have to win gamers back and have huge 3rd party support and not release a console thats on par with whats current but literally mind blowing specifications that both Sony and Microsoft have to respond to.

Sony and Microsoft both expect a 7 year gap if not more between generations,can the once mighty Nintendo force them to rethink there strategy.

Im sure behind the scenes both Sony and Microsoft will be very serious in knowing what Nintendo has planned with there new system.

Forget about motion controlled and stupid tablet gimmick controllers,release a gaming pad that blows the competition away [elite type from Xbox One] which is the greatest gaming pad ever to grace my hands....and a console that makes the gaming world sit up and take notice.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-Dec-15 17:12:51
Print Post

If only i had the same excitement for Jrpg.....Sadly i don't wink

But each to there own matey smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 02-Dec-15 15:55:38
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I agree with pretty much everything you said I feel like I have thrown cash in the bin on this wii-u, the way nintendo have abandoned it is aweful, and it wouldnt surprise if they do what you said, delay the zelda game for the NX meaning the wii-u never even got its own zelda game as remember that other game is a hd remake of a earlier zelda.

xenoblade happens to be one of the best jrpg's out there tho, many people own a wii just for the first xenoblade game.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Dec-15 16:40:16
Print Post

But in reality mate Nintendo are in real trouble having to bring a new console to the market 3 years after the Nintendo Wii U.

Its got to have some mind blowing software regardless of how high the specification is,They have to release with say a new Metroid or Mind blowing Zelda title and have massive 3rd party support when all the developers are wanting to get on board.

Nintendo are extremely stubborn and don't listen to gamers,but they should take notice after Microsoft originally done the same but had a complete turn of face after the feedback of there original Xbox One presentation.

That has to go down in History as one of the worse reveals in history regarding a new console.

But sadly it may be a little to late but Microsoft are giving gamers a lot more than Sony and seemed to have learnt a sharp lesson.

Most of the big wigs at the Xbox one original presentation have either been sacked or have left the Company.

You see I'm one of the very few that will pay a premium price for a premium console,and personally i think they should release a really powerful unit at a half decent price but don't come in to cheap.

Im quite happy to pay £700 for a console if it had some ground breaking specifications,but as we know this would be a Epic fail at that price [but would it]

We are 2 years in to the Xbox One and Playstation 4 and it amazes me how a console with quite a lot of grunt DDR5 X8 Gig struggles to play Just Cause 3.

I just don't get it,is this bad optimisation or developers that have lost the plot,its not really affected the game for me at present,but last night to look at a cliff edge and watch the textures load and fade ,load and fade was really poor.

I had a little bit of Fun with my Nintendo Wii U but sadly it spent many months just sitting there gathering dust,and when a multi platform game was actually released on it then it was my last choice as it had the poorer version all of the time.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Dec-15 18:23:03
Print Post

I just don't get it, is this bad optimisation
Nothing more and nothing less mate.

Far Cry looked great with a ton of detail. Battlefront looks great, but with less detail it seems to be locked at 60fps on the PS4. I don't think there is any other excuse, as those games prove what can be done. Roll on UC4 I say.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Dec-15 18:26:36
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Do you have the Nathan Drake collection mate that came out about 3 months ago,if you have then the multiplayer beta for Uncharted 4 starts Friday .

And as far as I'm aware you need the disk to play it wink
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Dec-15 18:33:06
Print Post

No mate, not too fussed to be honest. It's all about the SP with that franchise. Can't wait. smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Dec-15 18:41:21
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Then invest in a Xbox One just for Rise of the Tomb Raider as this is without doubt up there alongside Uncharted ,and in some ways i think it actually surpasses it wink
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Dec-15 19:18:06
Print Post

Not a cat in hells chance with that controller designed by Jeremy Beadle....

I can wait mate. I must admit the that TR definitive edition was pretty lacklustre in my opinion, with regards to the storytelling.

The gameplay was superb though. smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to