Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Dec-15 08:40:50
Print Post

Far Cry Primal

[link to this post]

Looks more interesting the more i see it.

Very hunting oriented wink
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Dec-15 08:54:37
Print Post

Re: Far Cry Primal

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Yeah, me too. smile

Angry Joe was a bit concerned about the language and the lack of an obvious antagonist, like Pagan Min and Drass, or whatever his name was. I quite like the idea of less chat, more action!
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Dec-15 09:49:51
Print Post

Is it an add on?

Graphics look [censored] so I guess it must be

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool

Edited by Lt_Swan (Thu 10-Dec-15 09:52:10)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Dec-15 09:58:05
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Don't be a Plonker Swanny wink

Graphics look fine and so does the game.
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Thu 10-Dec-15 10:16:30
Print Post

It sounds great, quite an original premise but utilising the engine and gameplay mechanics that we have come to love with Farcry. Sounds like a winner all around to me smile

Far Cry Primal is an action-adventure video game. As the game is set in pre-historic times, the traditional gunplay and vehicle gameplay featured in the series were removed,[6] and players can only get access to melee weapons like spears, clubs, axes, and short-ranged weapons like bows.[4] Players cannot purchase weapons, and must craft them using the materials scavenged in the world such as wood and stone. As players progress, they can craft more lethal weapons with a larger variety of resources. Players are also tasked to hunt for food and learn to create fire.[7] Besides facing natural predators, players also get the chance to be the leader of a tribe, and drive other tribes away from the world. With this feature, players are tasked to manage and protect their fellow tribe members.[5] The game also features a day-night cycle, which will affect gameplay.[8] At night, some enemies become more aggressive and dangerous. Players can make use of fire as a tool for personal protection or hunting at night.[4][7]

Players can tame wildlife such as prehistoric badgers and saber-toothed cats in the game by giving them food to eat. These animals serve as a companion for players and assist them in combating enemies after being tamed. Players can also issue commands to them. Different companions have different behaviors and players can switch between them at will. Takkar also has a pet owl, which can be directly controlled. Through the owl's vision, players can scout enemies' outposts and highlight enemies.[9]
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Dec-15 10:25:38
Print Post

The distance looks very foggy
Below standard graphics for the PS4 looks more like a PS3 game to me. Basically just a re-skin of Far Cry 4
Ai looks pants too. Headshot arrow man falling to the ground never made his mate look around

Don't reward the developers for such shabby work by buying it on day one, wait until the price is correct smile

Good idea for a game though

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Dec-15 10:28:34
Print Post

I think the graphics will be really good mate, especially if you choose the pc version.

I'll be going ps4 if it has co-op though. I was more than happy with the visuals on FC4 on my Playstation, plus I want to take Timey out by pushing a boulder down a (Welsh) mountain....

smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Dec-15 17:03:00
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Cheers for that Jaxx very informative……..I won't buy the Game now as i feel I've just played it wink

Only Joking Matey smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Dec-15 17:04:01
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

And i will be catapulting Sheep at you by the dozen my friend.tongue
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Dec-15 17:09:34
Print Post

At first i thought how the hell will this Far Cry Primal work as its all generally about upgrading some really useful weapons and riding around in vehicles and using zip lines and binoculars to spot and tag the enemy.

They must have seriously thought hard about this,i mean there isn't much in way of armoury and weapons in the stone age apart from catapults and spears.

I see they use eagle type birds to spot and Tag at the enemy camps,the real joke is this is out in February 2016.

So this is literally just 2 years if that after Far Cry 4.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to