Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 06-Jan-16 21:31:57
Print Post

Another nail in the coffin for Virtual Reality

[link to this post]

How about that for a price

Now for Sony turn which will probably come in at around £399 and hundred pound cheaper...........

I have said my view on this many times over the last couple of months,and only the hardcore gamers with money to burn are going to fork out £500 for the VR Gear.

Even now people are complaining at the price of both the Xbox One and Playstation 4 and this is virtually double the price.

The only saving grace i can see for these units is mind blowing games that literally blow your mind....And i really think this is another Gimmick just like 1995 and Nintendo VR unit that died basically before it even went to retail.

This is another Panasonic 3DO and Atari Jaguar scenario in 2016......Epic Fail ? Well its not for me thats for certain ..

I also think the games will probably cost £50 Plus......I think this is a massive mistake and i predict within 12 months it will be dead in the water if not before wink

Edited by time2die (Wed 06-Jan-16 21:33:33)

Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 07-Jan-16 08:29:10
Print Post

Re: Another nail in the coffin for Virtual Reality

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Shame we can't buy it at that actual price but no we'll get stitched up as usual!!
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Jan-16 09:37:44
Print Post

I agree about the cost of consoles. They should have come down now. Old tech at high prices

VR for your phone
£80
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-gear-vr-with...

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool

Edited by Lt_Swan (Thu 07-Jan-16 09:47:57)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Skilty
(member) Thu 07-Jan-16 10:11:17
Print Post

As you need a minimum of a GTX970 or R9 290 plus an i5-4590 and 8gb I think there will be some disappointed people out there today. That brings me onto the price, £499? I know this is bleeding edge for consumer VR but that is too rich, even for my blood. I have XBox controllers coming out of my ears so why force me to have another one?

Title list is pretty underwhelming to be honest and I don't see that changing soon. The big one for me as a PC games player is Steam VR/HTC Vive. Where the Rift is designed to be used sitting down, the Vive lets you move around the room and actually projects a VR wall into the scene if you are in close proximity to a wall in your room.

Early days but I so far the Rift is not for me based on price and the upcoming Vive...

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL - 14ms Ping, Sync ~ 65.78/18.73Mbps - BQM
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Jan-16 16:00:07
Print Post

[re: Skilty] [link to this post]

Where the Rift is designed to be used sitting down, the Vive lets you move around the room and actually projects a VR wall into the scene if you are in close proximity to a wall in your room.
Now that's brilliant lateral thinking right there!

I will most likely go for the PSVR for plug and playability, and am only interested in driving games anyway. It's gonna be awesome! Having a controller in hand would immediately break the immersion IMO.

The kids will be able to have fun with it on the PS4 too, because if they so much as touch my PC....
  Print Thread

Jump to