Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Jan-16 18:21:56
Print Post

The Division Beta....Timey and Jorkila Kick Ass

[link to this post]

Check it out

After reviewing the video I've now changed the title.......Timey Kicks Ass.

I don't know what my online buddy was doing to be honest,and i thought he had my back.wink

By the way this game is going to be epic,and i mean EPIC wink.

Timey on his lonesome wink
Needed a few attempts here tongue

Thats after Jorkila deserted me crazy

Edited by time2die (Fri 29-Jan-16 18:43:08)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Jan-16 19:06:40
Print Post

Re: The Division Beta....Timey and Jorkila Kick Ass

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Nice shooting Timey!

A few reviewers have said the cover mechanic took some getting used to, be you seem to have taken to it like a duck to water. smile
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 29-Jan-16 19:32:14
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

He's right this game IS going to be Epic!!

So much so that I've already bought it on Xbox One (maybe something to do with being able to buy it from a different region and it only cost me £28) laugh

If I'm honest my lad has gone halves on it with me and I'll most likely double dip and get it on PS4 too. (Yes I think it's that good)!!

The cover system actually works really well!!

Edited by jorkila (Fri 29-Jan-16 19:33:28)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Jan-16 20:11:21
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Cover system is easy Nelly mate so you wont have to much trouble,just press x to go behind cover,then when looking at the surrounding area your x button will highlight the options you can take cover behind,all you do this time is hold x and your player will run for that position,the duck and dive and cover system is spot on in my opinion,i love the shooting and the way it looks and plays,this is only a tiny segment of whats on offer to be honest and i feel this is going to be a massive game with plenty to do and a lot of perk/weapon customisation.

It has many rpg style elements about it,but i just treat this game like a shooter,because lets face it thats what it is at the end of the day with a lot more depth.

Struggled to turn it of this afternoon and given its just a 2 day Beta i will be hammering it later and Saturday and the Dark Zone,the place where the real characters and weapons are situated,and a fair bit of trouble i may add.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 31-Jan-16 11:19:23
Print Post

Well you were right, what an excellent game! smile

I'll get this out of the way first though....the cover system IS at times clingy. It's not awful, but it's not perfect. With that said, the design is excellent. Choosing your next point of cover feels like a real choice and not at all like you're simply skipping from one box to another. You sometimes find it's not perfect cover and you've ended up side on (to a mail box for arguments sake), not completely out of harms way. It makes you think strategically about your squad formation and actually stimulates the team to use tactical movement; I can't remember the last time I flanked so much...

The other simple but fundamental point that struck me with the cover system, was the ability to seemlessly break your run. I remember playing Gears of War (I think) on my brothers 360 years ago and being wowed by the dash and blur effects. But if I am indeed remembering correctly, you couldn't break the run if you'd chosen badly? The Division allows you to peel off immediately should you come under fire; this is crucial to [the wonderful] strategic gameplay.

It's also quite heavy on the RPG side of things really, heavier than I had imagined in fact; but it feels more like discovery than grind, something akin to TLOS, not the overwhelming (for me at least) Fallout 4. Just right in my opinion and I embraced it to the point that I wasn't going anywhere last night until I'd found a hat. You do feel a little bit like a post apocalyptic Don with henchman at his shoulders. If you're going to casually bowl up and down the boulevard acting like you own the place, you wanna look your best, right? cool

As for the Dark Zone? Brilliant but in need of balancing I feel. After a few attempts we managed to successfully extract our haul. However, steeling at the extraction is far too easy. We had two squads late last night, shaking hands at the helipad and watching each other's backs. It should (quite rightly) be impossible to steel our loot without an epic tactical assault on our entrenched position. In reality, the very second the rope started to ascend with eight bags attached, a player (let's call him xX_Lt_micro_penis_USA_Xx) threw in some sort of explosive charge and killed us all instantly. Now apart from the fact that none of us could have even dreamed of possessing such powerful weapons at level 8, the real question is how that scenario undermines the tactical element. The fact that the Dark Zone's enemy's are a lot, lot harder to overcome, and the loot boxes themselves are unobtainable to lower ranked players, meant that achieving that haul was as close to a grind as you can comfortably come. The overwhelming feeling was immediately [censored] that for a game of soldiers, let's go back to bowling up and down the boulevard in relative safety.

Overall though, I'm not too worried because I can see it being rebalanced. I don't mind fighting to hang on to my loot, but it needs to be an intelligent fight if the tactical equilibrium is to remain unbroken. Not a COD fight...
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 31-Jan-16 12:51:02
Print Post

For anybody that's interested but didn't get into the Beta, this video sums up the politics of the Dark Zone multiplayer aspect of this game.

Watch the whole 20 minutes and you will see a perfect representation of how it plays out. Superb paranoia building tension, even if in need of a little balancing.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 31-Jan-16 17:37:44
Print Post

I tried to do one of the missions regarding activating a virus scanner,as soon as you activate it you have about 3 mins to get to the next one,again it was saying Level one whatever needed and i had some level 16 on,so when i killed the guys on the roof with flame throwers the box that i needed to activate would not light up for the mission if you catch my drift,i have watched a Youtube Video and i was at the right box but I'm confused as to why he could activate it and it didn't show for me,especially when it only required a level one perk which I'm sure i have,I'm not 100% though and may be i have to find something before this mission opens ......crazy

This is a Virus side mission before the Dark Zone..
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 31-Jan-16 17:38:42
Print Post

So you didn't like it then tongue Moaning yet again......wink will you ever be truly satisfied with a game Nelly Boy.

Games brilliant but a tad confusing and i can only see it been even more confusing on release....

Ive racked my Brains [Don't Laugh] regarding that virus mission,its open as i have watched other do it.

Level one something,I'm sure i had the level 16 vest on or whatever it was telling me i needed.

Edited by time2die (Sun 31-Jan-16 17:49:42)

Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 31-Jan-16 17:55:11
Print Post

The mission that you're on about I failed once on PS4 and again on Xbox One because I couldn't find the 2nd box which is behind a door that you have to pick the lock of but I'm assuming that you've found all 3 boxes before going out onto the roof?
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 31-Jan-16 18:15:11
Print Post

I love it. smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to