Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 10-Feb-16 20:18:06
Print Post

Virtual Reality...Talk about Blowing your own Trumpet

[link to this post]

Obviously they haven't talked to me.

Jokers..............crazy

It kind of makes me laugh all this VR stuff,most people literally cried when the price of £349.99 was announced for the Playstation 4 and when the Xbox One price at launch was around the £450 mark they all eloped and became Playstation gamers.

Now with both the Microsoft offering and the Sony Offering we are talking £500 plus,and that doesn't include the playstation move controllers your going to need for there system,oh and apparently for those interested Microsoft kit is going to blow Sony Hardware into oblivion as its suppose to be far more advanced.

Who on here is going to spend that amount of money [day 1] on this hardware,I'm all for new technology ,ultra fast future gaming consoles and brilliant games I'm just struggling to see a market for this VR stuff,may be I'm not of the age anymore and i will say that if i was in my 20s and not my 30s crazy i may be interested,i mean come on,we play games for hours,my headset hurts my ears after a couple of hours[especially when Nelly is on the other end] now imagine that contraption stuck on your head.

Nelly is dead Keen but i doubt very much he be an early adopter of this device,and by the time Swanny shows a interest they will be buried in the desert like all the Atari carts from years gone by.

Don't get me wrong if your excited by all this VR then thats all fine and dandy,i just think its the wrong way to go.

Having just read the article he is claiming that when you purchase the VR unit you don't require any other piece of hardware........Thats not what i read many months ago.....

Edited by time2die (Wed 10-Feb-16 20:55:20)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 11-Feb-16 07:46:06
Print Post

Re: Virtual Reality...Talk about Blowing your own Trumpet

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

You're right, I won't be early adopting!

I only want it for racing games, but I still want the best experience all round. I have the PC hardware to run any of them, so I want the one with the most non gaming experiences on it. I doubt the PSVR will suffice for that, but hopefully they'll prove me wrong.

The thing with the Sony headset, is that it is a single screen and I think I prefer that to the dual screen idea. With two screens you might find you have to adjust them, as opticians would your glasses for the pupillary distance between your eyes. That's too much flaffing for me.

But I will definitely make the leap when they are all on the market properly and can be compared. smile

You only hear about the big three, but there are a fair few others in development. Need to wait for the small comfortable ones, like Data wore in Star Trek!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 11-Feb-16 09:33:16
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Now i would be ultra excited if Sega came back into the console market after 14 years of oblivion,there is a massive Fan base and 2 guys trying to convince Sega to do it.wink.

I loved my Dreamcast and some of the games but it just didn't take of like Sega Expected and i think Sony had a lot to do with that.

Edited by time2die (Thu 11-Feb-16 09:35:44)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Feb-16 18:00:17
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Why would Data wear one? He's an android and doesn't need eyes tongue

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 11-Feb-16 19:45:24
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
Why would Data wear one? He's an android and doesn't need eyes tongue
I neither know, nor care....I just want to look as cool as possible for my virtual coitus tongue

Edited by mrnelster (Fri 12-Feb-16 06:55:24)

Print Thread

Jump to