Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 12-Feb-16 09:34:38
Print Post

Dying Light

[link to this post]

Timey mentioned this game the other night, and after rifling through my old videos I'm in the mood to go back to it. Not for the DLC, I just want to reacquaint myself with the controls and have some fun, some co-op perhaps too. smile

White van man.

The chase.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 12-Feb-16 10:13:11
Print Post

Re: Dying Light

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I ordered the Following edition with the enhanced graphics all the download content and the new expansion The Following were you get to mow down zombies with Dirt Trucks wink.

I then done an about turn and cancelled it,but now i may either download it or pick it up from the supermarket,point is i have it already downloaded at £55 when launched so to spend another £40 seems a little mad.

I like the idea of enhanced new graphics for the game,thats if i even notice the difference,will check the store as it should be possible just to buy the following expansion pack.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 12-Feb-16 10:16:25
Print Post

When you watch this game and especially your videos it does look really sweet,i must really have a real go at this game because i really haven't played it much past about 4 hours from when it originally launched,thats also why I'm not so keen to take the plunge and buy the new version.......But this has got co/op nelly as we know wink.

But playing with you i very much anticipate getting ripped to shreds by zombies while you sit on a roof eating a Corneto tongue

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 12-Feb-16 10:52:27
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Absolutely cracking game, shame I have it on Xbox and not on PS4 frown
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 12-Feb-16 11:12:26
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Well you do have it on Playstation 4 don't you.......With yours and Nellys little tips and tricks wink get what I'm saying ?
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 12-Feb-16 13:22:53
Print Post

I just bought the seasons pass for a whopping £24.99 because it included the expansion pack The Following.

However after saying thank you for your purchase there is no sign of any of this content in the menu and there is nothing related to this that i can actually download or install.

I have now emailed Sony because this is farcical.
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 12-Feb-16 14:19:26
Print Post

Now if you care to share your details I'll have the season pass too wink
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 12-Feb-16 17:36:09
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

£12.50 .........I Thank You tongue

I would be bankrupt if i did that now wouldn't i,you be driving around in a Nissan Gtr Nismo Next week wink
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Feb-16 00:58:16
Print Post

Well i been giving this a proper going over tonight from the very start and although i new it was a good game i really didn't appreciate it and hardly spent 4/5 hours on it,don't ask me why i really don't know the answer because this is one hell of a game,it can be a tad confusing knowing what to collect,what to dismantle ,what not to keep and whats worth it and whats not ?

I spent the best part of the day trying to figure out where all the content i had just purchased in the seasons pass had gone,after messing around in the playstation menu and various dying light add on i happened to come across the content i had just payed for about 8 hours ago and after emailing Sony for a refund,do they not make things complicated or what,you buy a seasons pass with all the extra content including the new expansion the following then logic says it should automatically download,if not it should be staring you in the face on the home screen prompting you to do so,it should also tell you the same in the game menu,but oh my god......Zippo information,i also read after doing so much research and frustration in requiring this content that seasons passes don't even show up in your purchase information .

Only by chance did i come across the content in some dying light icon somewhere on the playstation menu,anyway i downloaded all the goodies to be told i couldn't play The following until i did a little bit of the main game,i wasn't bothered as i wanted to do the main story and original dying light to get to grips with the controls and put far more effort into it,I've now unlocked co/op so Nelly its open to friends if you fancy a game and I'm going to give this game the time and effort it deserves.

It really is a fantastic game that has not got the credit it deserves and I'm really going to persevere with it and play it for as long as possible.

I mean this game has everything,great parkour mechanics,brilliant aggressive zombies,hundreds of different weapons and upgrades and brilliant tension,yes the acting and voice overs are hilarious at times but the game looks dam good and plays beautifully.

I just think i don't have the patience in some areas depending on what type of game it is,if they have confusing crafting screens and its not crystal clear whats worth keeping and what needs dumping it kind of puts me of, Far Cry 4 made that easy,when your rucksack or inventory was full you could dispose of the junk with one click of the button and free up many slots.

For those that left this game then you made a huge mistake,even nearly a year later there isn't much on the market even close to this,especially if you like Zombie games with a lot of tension and lots to do.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Feb-16 09:13:19
Print Post

Yep, definitely up for some co op mate. Hopefully I didn't delete my progress the other day when I was making room on the hard drive for more driving games. When I finished it, there was still loads of missions left to do but I got way laid by Project Cars. wink

I might even pick it up for pc if I can see it cheap. I imagine it will look the dogs danglies.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to