Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Feb-16 17:27:29
Print Post

Far Cry Primal Drops in Timeys Lap

[link to this post]

Was expecting it Monday but it just happens to be my Birthday today and guess what was dropped through the letterbox while i was out........

Far Cry Primal..........Thoughts later this evening.wink

Just hope it meets my high expectations ? and it isn't some jumped up expansion pack....

Saying that I'm at some point going to revisit Far Cry 4 for some co/op fun .

Edited by time2die (Sat 20-Feb-16 17:29:20)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Feb-16 17:45:20
Print Post

Re: Far Cry Primal Drops in Timeys Lap

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Happy birthday MaGoo! smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Feb-16 17:47:35
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Cheers Nelly wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Feb-16 17:50:19
Print Post

Saying that I'm at some point going to revisit Far Cry 4 for some co/op fun .
Count me in!
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 20-Feb-16 18:07:45
Print Post

Happy birthday old bean smile
60 today?

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Feb-16 23:23:27
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Still a few years of that but I'm nearer 60 than 45 wink
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Feb-16 23:42:02
Print Post

Re: Far Cry Primal 2hr.45 mins thoughts

Its Far Cry 4 guys but in the Stone Age and its absolutely fan [censored] tastic ,so much to do,so much to see and a massive map and many many different upgrades.

I have tamed the Owl and just Tamed my White Wolf and got him/her to kill a few tribesmen .

Played for virtually 3 hours and I'm at 4.6% and its epic,to me it looks drop dead gorgeous and if you enjoyed Far Cry 4 then your going to love this,the crafting is still there,the taking of the towers and all the usual stuff from Far Cry 4 but without the modern days weapons that i have to say was a major concern when Primal was announced ,but when you play Primal you won't give a dam about not having a wing suit ,automatic weapons with scopes,red dot sights and silencers and a bag full of grenades,you won't care about riding in gyrocopters and jumping in other vehicles it just works perfectly without any of the previous stuff i just mentioned.

I had serious doubts that they could pull it of but i have to say they have sailed through with flying colours and I'm absolutely loving the game,graphics are colourful and i would say better than Far Cry 4 as it looks and plays lovely,i wanted to continue playing until the early hours but i also wanted to savour the game and enjoy it even more tomorrow and the following week or so,at present i only have a basic bow and arrows and a Spear and a Club but i was having so much fun with just the basic weapons its going to be even better with the upgrades.

To round it up its very similar to Far Cry 4,nothing has really changed ,and nothing needed to change,the crafting is the same type menu and the skinning of animals is just the same but with a few more bone crushing sound effects.

If you expect something completely different from Far Cry 4 then its not for you,if you loved Far Cry 4 then your in for a treat.

Like i said i think the graphics are sweeter and apart from the time zone 10.000bc this has Far Cry all over it but its brilliant and it works and i had major doubts which have now been laid to rest....

Some will say its a glorified expansion and in a way i could take that on board because its so very similar but without your usual high tech weapons,to turn this game around in 15 months is a major feat looking at it,but i expect this was been developed before the releases of far cry 4 because nothing about this game says Rushed and not finished,in my book and my brief 3 hours it easily scores 9/10 and this may even rise.wink

Edited by time2die (Sat 20-Feb-16 23:42:53)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 20-Feb-16 23:58:56
Print Post

Best Timey birthday ever laugh

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 21-Feb-16 08:53:34
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Have to say Swanny even i was surprised,i usually get games from them a day before but not 4 days before.

On my Shopto.net account the order still says its processing wink
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 21-Feb-16 10:39:52
Print Post

Git smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to