Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 10-Apr-16 03:09:32
Print Post

ps now

[link to this post]

Seems this silently moved to a unlimited play for subscription model, sounds good?

its £12.99 month and a lot of the better games that were on it are not playable for the monthly fee.

Warner bros and 2k games, rest mostly arcade titles.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 10-Apr-16 10:09:39
Print Post

Re: ps now

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Its been like this for about 6 months but to me its still a money grabbing scam on behalf of Sony.

I really do not get why someone who upgrades to a later console is content in playing older playstation 2 and 3 games from years ago.

I understand having backward compatibility but personally it really doesn't interest me in the slightest and when i upgrade i need to see that in terms of visuals and gameplay and better games.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 10-Apr-16 15:31:25
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Money grabbing perhaps, but how is it a scam?

Anyway, the more people with more money than sense that subscribe to it, the faster the technology evolves and the sooner it becomes available more cheaply. Then we might even get free real time ps4 game demos without downloading.

Leave them to it I say! smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 10-Apr-16 16:58:18
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Ok i will rephrase it !!!!! Another money making Rip Of tongue.

Did you take a look at this Playstation Now at launch and the joke prices to rent a game that was 10/15 years old for like £5.99 for 24 hours and thats it,or you could have a week for like £12.99 ,it was quite frankly lunacy of the highest order and it was always going to fail.

If it was £2.99 a month or a little added to the subscription it may be worth a punt if you want to play old dated games that in this day and age offer very limited enjoyment when you been playing games of the quality of Bloodborne and The division and all the Far Cry games and a whole lot of others.......Noticed i didn't mention Quantum Break............The 2016 game similar to the disaster that was Duke Puke Em Forever .

I downloaded that Battleborn,as soon as i went into one match it was wiped from the hard drive for ever,another game that looks total junk.

Even the 2 latest Playstation plus games are nothing to shout about,dark star latest about 5 mins before i deleted that.

Sony are not giving much away in the way of games each month for this playstation plus service thats for sure.

Edited by time2die (Sun 10-Apr-16 17:05:33)

Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 10-Apr-16 19:59:51
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

£12.99/month sounds a realistic price point if they get the game library right...is there a list anywhere ?
Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 10-Apr-16 20:02:42
Print Post

Good point if it's all games from previous generations...there may be a few I'd like to play but doubt I would subscribe to a monthly service for it.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 11-Apr-16 00:10:33
Print Post

I can't even imagine paying 2.99 for it to be fair. I don't get the urge to play my old PS4 games, let alone PS1/2/3 games. But those that do are helping forge the technology.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth etc etc. wink
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 11-Apr-16 12:30:04
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

There is a wiki list but I dont know how out of date it is and if its affected by regional differences.

Note on the wiki list all the games that have no next to subscribe are not available (they are pay per play games). Per per play seems removed from the uk completely and is the sub payment model only now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_No...

You can just run the ps now app, and browse through the games. To me the collection is very disappointing.

Since sony also make movies I think they treating game content akin to movies and as such overvalue it.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4

Edited by Chrysalis (Mon 11-Apr-16 12:31:09)

Print Thread

Jump to