Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-May-16 12:01:25
Print Post

No Uncharted 4 Early

[link to this post]

shocked
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-May-16 19:31:18
Print Post

Re: No Uncharted 4 Early

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Good smile

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 10-May-16 10:49:16
Print Post

Oh it's good!!

This doesn't need me to justify itself to you guys, it's more of the same but with even more mind blowing graphics than before!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-May-16 16:24:04
Print Post

Re: No Uncharted 4 ..Timeys Thoughts after 4 hours..

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

As Jorkila says the graphics are nothing short of amazing and Naughty dog quality all over them,even to the veins pulsing through Nathan's veins its production is of the highest class,unfortunately i have to say after playing the first 4 hours i kind of got bored and wasn't stuck on the story or the invention of Nathan brother,lots of the plot regarding back tracking and way to many cut scenes for my liking.

But my oh my the graphics are jaw dropping and spectacular,i don't know may be I'm just becoming way to fussy with my games because I'm getting this uneasy feeling way to much for my liking just lately.

Think Ign picked up on what i think and what I'm saying,as they said it didn't really take of in terms of a uncharted game until after 5 hours.

Game just hasn't drawn me in like previous Uncharted game and at present if I'm totally honest i would rather be playing Doom and shooting demons,and if that game was out i know what i would be playing out of the 2 games.........
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-May-16 16:24:49
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jorkila:
Oh it's good!!

This doesn't need me to justify itself to you guys, it's more of the same but with even more mind blowing graphics than before!!

Which doesn't say a lot given Jorkila thought Quantum Break was good tongueand i thought it was the biggest piece of trash in the last 5 years for a game with so much hype,I've come to the conclusion i need another hobby like Rambling or something or line Dancing .......Yeeeeee Haaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Im sure this is what Swanny does in his pastime wink

Edited by time2die (Tue 10-May-16 16:26:38)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-May-16 17:52:39
Print Post

Re: Timey does Uncharted 4

amazing Spectacle.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-May-16 21:33:57
Print Post

Just watched your vid, I'm sure the first bit in the jeep was in UC3 :/

Swanny
cool
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 15-May-16 09:58:49
Print Post

Finally got the chance to play this yesterday and it's ridiculous!

I've never seen a game look so good. It's mental. I've seen better effects on my PC, volumetric smoke, explosions, lens flare etc. But for overall polish it's as good as anything I've seen on pc to date, and my 390X is no slouch. I've been trying to imagine what a 970/390X level PC could do, given that amount of optimisation?!?

And those character facial animations....ridonkulous!?! If you immerse yourself and get engrossed in the story, (which I find particularly easy to do on Uncharted games) you really do start to think you're looking at a movie. Not because other games haven't already given us amazing facial detail, but because the animation is so realistic. It's superb, but the best bit about this game so far, is the real time rendering.

Although I'm led to believe that if you skip a cut scene (it's probably unfair to call them "cut scenes"), you get longish loading times, I haven't noticed a single transition to date. It's been completely seamless so far. Yes, I know that it's loading behind the scenes, but absorbing the story through the cut scenes doesn't feel like it is breaking the immersion.

I'm trying to think about games I've played that have looked this clean, and the only ones that come to mind are Just Cause 3 and Shadow of Mordor. JC 3 didn't feel quite as detailed, though probably only due to the open scale of the environments, and Mordor's textures (even with the ultra texture pack) were predominantly flora, which can never look completely clean by it's very nature.

No, this is unarguably a step forward in gaming terms, and it's on a console. I can't imagine what the current crop of higher end discreet cards might achieve if dvelopers didn't have the financial pressure from publishers, and could truly optimise their work.

It's also convinced me to ignore the criticism and pick up The Order 1886 when I'm finished!

Edited by mrnelster (Sun 15-May-16 09:59:51)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sun 15-May-16 10:13:00
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I'd buy it today if it was on PC

Swanny
cool
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 15-May-16 11:33:29
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Bummer mate. :/

IMO you should just return it for repair mate. I'd hate having to do it, but waiting for the Neo to launch, is the online gaming equivalent of being grounded for 6 months. frown
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to