Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-May-16 08:31:14
Print Post

No Mans Sky

[link to this post]

A game of survival, exploration, and discovery, No Manís Sky is one of the fastest-growing phenomena in video game history, attracting and astounding players of all ages. The gameís 18 quintillion planets are procedurally generated, meaning you could very well be the first person to ever set eyes on a planet that even the game developers never encounteredóa true testament to the gameís innovation. The very first unofficial guide, Limitless Sky: No Manís Sky Discovery Guide will provide not only an introduction to the hottest video game, but itíll also teach you how to get more out of your valuable playtimeóexploring vast areas, fighting pirates, upgrading your ship or spacesuit, avoiding Sentinels, and identifying new species and resources. This full-color book shares strategies, examines the creation of the impressive procedurally generated planets, and provides a glimpse at whatís to come in this ever-expanding universe.

Timey Says

They must have some tool that randomly generates life because they can not actually make a game with Billions of planets of life and the fact even the developers haven't been there ........How is this possible ?
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-May-16 11:25:07
Print Post

Re: No Mans Sky

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

They do have randomisers for both life and planets. I read something about it ages ago that said the whole universe is built using randomisation algorithms. From what I read back then it sounded like an impressive and potentially intriguing project.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-May-16 12:03:07
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Im really hyped for this game,but i struggle with games that offer 50/60 hours game time and tend to lose the plot after the initial 2 week period,didn't finish the awesome Bloodborne,struggling with Dark Souls 3 and never completed the brilliant last Metal Gear solid game last year.

I have the game pre/orderded but it seems like the game is initially going to blow us away but longevity i think that many including myself may get a tad bored with the many months of constantly exploring planets.

I think its a massive game of epic proportions,and whats interesting is the fact this is not Rockstar,this is not Naughty Dog,or any other mass developers such as Ubisoft and others ,this is from the team that to my knowledge have developed one game i know of..........A arcade style little game called Joe Danger.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-May-16 13:43:03
Print Post

I have just pre-ordered it because it looks like something a bit different. I have a very low threshold for games and might only play for a few hours but if I get into it then I may well play for months or even longer.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-May-16 17:29:05
Print Post

Certainly getting your moneys worth with this game Ian thats for sure.wink
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-May-16 17:33:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
They must have some tool that randomly generates life because they can not actually make a game with Billions of planets of life and the fact even the developers haven't been there ........How is this possible ?
Thats what this bit is all about Timey:

The gameís 18 quintillion planets are procedurally generated

It's coder talk for random, but not completely random.....apparently.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-May-16 18:11:20
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Whatever I'm in wink
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-May-16 18:17:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Whatever I'm in wink
I might be in......but not completely in. crazy
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-May-16 18:27:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by ian72:
They do have randomisers for both life and planets. I read something about it ages ago that said the whole universe is built using randomisation algorithms. From what I read back then it sounded like an impressive and potentially intriguing project.
I read somewhere recently that (technically speaking) it wasn't in fact random and to think of it in the same terms as evolution; Darwinian theorists now claim that evolution is not completely random either.

Semantics I say, so I'll let natural selection decide whether or not I'm in......and ask the missus for some spending money.
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-May-16 22:03:34
Print Post

Im just worried there isnt anything to do in the game. The selling point seems to be these zillions of planets that you can explore and might be the only person ever to visit them. That sounds great on paper, but without a reason to do it whats the point?

Maybe its more my playstyle but i need a reason to play a game, get bored just wondering around for the sake of it.

Edited by bobble_bob (Tue 24-May-16 22:04:22)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to