Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 26-May-16 16:29:07
Print Post

Console Upgrades

[link to this post]

Begs the question why didn't they bring more powerful hardware in the first place

Up until the latest consoles we never really got upgraded hardware,we got slimmed down versions and boy does the xbox one need a slim because its dam ugly thats for sure.

Now we have the upgraded Sony Playstation 4 codenamed Neo arriving sometime this year,and now we are expected to see a Xbox Slim sometime this year and a new much more powerful Xbox One in 2017 with response to Sony.

The report claims that the new upgraded Xbox One will be even more powerful than the Playstation neo,infact 4 times more power than what we have at present with the Xbox Brick.tongue

If they do announce the slimmed down Xbox One at E3 and then tell us about another more powerful Xbox One been released in 2017 it begs the question who in the right mind is going to buy a Xbox Slim and then 6 months later the Xbox One beast arrives.

On a personal note i think they should just wait and release the slimmed down Xbox One with all the extra power next year because as much as i like new technology even Timey isn't going to buy a Slim if i know that next year there is a more powerful beast on the horizon.

Certainly be buying a Neo though thats certain....Chrysalis won't approve but like many on here seems to have gone AWOL.
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-May-16 20:37:30
Print Post

Re: Console Upgrades

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Size of the XB1 doesnt bother me. Its huge due to the massive fan inside it as MS didnt want a repeat of the RROD.

A new console every few years (or upgrades for it) will be expensive as proprietary hardware always is due to no competition. Could turn some console gamers into PC gamers where its cheaper to upgrade
Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-May-16 21:17:28
Print Post

Yeah I see no point in buying the slimmed down version if you already have a Xbox One, I would think it's mainly aimed at people who do not yet have one. So this will be a 2 tier generation for both Sony and MS. Still not that keen on the idea but it's definitely exciting.

Hope we get some official details on these new consoles at E3.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-May-16 21:26:26
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Agree, I may well go back to PC gaming. I will need a new PC soon anyway so it makes sense to spend a bit more and get a mid range gaming rig...which would be partially tax deductible also wink
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 28-May-16 07:47:05
Print Post

The other console, a slimmed-down version of the current hardware, will also be getting a redesigned controller.
My Spidey senses are tingling....will it have level thumb sticks? smile
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 29-May-16 16:23:24
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

its only exciting if its a free upgrade or you have so much cash you can keep buying whatever they release without any concern for your wallet.

In the real world where people have to spend selectively I suspect a growth in PC gaming, as this mess from both vendors has smashed one of the big reasons to get a console which was hardware spec stability.

Another thing going against consoles is their grip on platform exclusives is also slipping.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4

Edited by Chrysalis (Sun 29-May-16 16:24:15)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-Jun-16 11:19:19
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

I've gone back to PC gaming but I only have one game AC Syndicate but can't play that because of the stupid uplay [censored] and having forgotten my password

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 01-Jun-16 14:35:16
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Password is .....Ive got a Brand new Combine Harvester tongue
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 01-Jun-16 19:28:00
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
I've gone back to PC gaming but I only have one game AC Syndicate but can't play that because of the stupid uplay [censored] and having forgotten my password
Lol! So technically you haven't gone back! crazy
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 02-Jun-16 08:56:15
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I would be if I had some decent games

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to