Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 17-Jun-16 18:39:31
Print Post

Virtual Reality...My main Concerns are ?

[link to this post]

This

Im not saying that all people will feel this way,i think the younger you are the better this products serves a purpose,not only did this particular user of the Sony VR say it made him feel a little sick,he also doesn't think he could play the entire game with this thing strapped to his head.

I think 20 years ago it would have been a must have for me,but now approaching 35 crazy i think it would become a expensive gimmick the girlfriend may like for 10 minutes,sort of like the Nintendo wii when that surfaced,fun for a few minutes and quickly forgotten ,got under supported and quickly got boxed up never to see the light of day again.

We are talking around £500 notes here and i see were the gaming companies are going but i think its for a certain type of gamer and a certain market.......I just don't see this as the future at present.

Fun 20 minute games may be,but full on titles from 12/20 hours........Nope

Edited by time2die (Fri 17-Jun-16 18:42:35)

Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 17-Jun-16 22:32:42
Print Post

Re: Virtual Reality...My main Concerns are ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I'm not even sure I want to be that immersed in a game anyway, having the game on a TV/monitor is enough for me. I would still like to try it out though and it could be fun for short periods but definitely not whole games or hours on end.

No way I'm getting one at £500 anyway smile
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 18-Jun-16 08:55:14
Print Post

Better than life

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2rbTWo2iDk

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 18-Jun-16 10:53:31
Print Post

Re: Better than life

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Used to love watching that smile
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 18-Jun-16 12:02:17
Print Post

Re: Virtual Reality...My main Concerns are ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

But if you read through to the end they tell you there are some excellent experiences already tried, Battlezone, Eve Valkyrie!!

As explained by the author, these games were also utilising crouch and camera swing options via the dual shock controller. I've posted about this before. The disconnect between body movement on screen from your own, is what will make you feel sick when you are immersed. It's obvious. That's why staring at the floor in a Waltzer at the fair, stopped you actually puking on your shoes! laugh

I think you are right to assume that this is not going to replace all types of game, it just won't work that way. I don't want to be in Uncharted or Ratchet & Clank VR. Other than racing/flying games, most will be short "experiences" rather than what we would commonly accept as a game. I don't necessarily think FPS games would be better in VR until true 4K, nearer photo realism imagery is doable.

But I remember the old days of Tron. Can't you imagine how cool the Superhot maze would be in VR?!
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 18-Jun-16 12:04:43
Print Post

Re: Better than life

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

"You've ruined this Rimmer!"

Lmao! Smeghead laugh
  Print Thread

Jump to