Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-Jun-16 07:04:41
Print Post

Days Gone PS4

[link to this post]

This game really is my type of open world. More detail here.

I'm not a hardcore RPG type of gamer. Crafting and guns float my boat more than swords, which is why I enjoyed TLOU so much, but this game appears to step that up a notch.

"Extreme run and gun" they say. I can't wait. smile

And it's pushing me more towards the Neo than the Scorpio, even if we don't know the definitive spec yet. I can live with 30fps (if done well as kila mentioned) but this type of game at 60fps with 1080 video capture is more than adequate for me, especially with a 1080 screen that isn't going anywhere soon.

Every time I think about the rumoured Scorpio option, it hammers home the fact that I have an excellent gaming rig to play MS games, but there really aren't any that interest me. All of the games I've played on it over the last year are multiplats. The only game that I've thought about is Gears of War.

So if I stick with a Neo, I get to pass the games down to the kids for the existing PS4, and play any future must have MS games on PC where available. If I take Timey's advice and wait for the next iteration of the PSVR headset, the money spent on the Neo is future proofing anyway if you like.

What do you guys think? Does anybody really see the need for a 4K console just yet? PC gaming has taught me personally that 1080/60 is more than adequate for current graphics tech, unless of course you have a nice big 55" screen!
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 20-Jun-16 08:43:15
Print Post

Re: Days Gone PS4

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Scary that they seem to be programming us for the end of the world and zombies wink

I don't need a 4K console

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-Jun-16 15:37:01
Print Post

I posted about this is the E3 related forum,for the first few minutes i was convinced this was Naughty Dog And the last of us Part 2.

Its not going to ship until next year mate so put that on the back burner,next release for you is Lego Star Wars crazy in a week or so,for me its now August and my new Xbox Slim and No Mans Sky smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-Jun-16 15:38:57
Print Post

I never said ... Take Timey's advice and wait for the next literation of the PSVR headset, i said you wouldn't be the one of the early adopters because you are of the Swanny Variety and a miserable tight Git............crazy

Edited by time2die (Mon 20-Jun-16 18:22:43)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-Jun-16 18:19:21
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Sorry, must be thinking of someone else, but my point is they're probably right to wait and see how the games [I want] run on PSVR, and that would leave me the dough to buy a Neo, and play exclusives in at much closer to 970 quality. smile
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-Jun-16 18:21:08
Print Post

Lego Star Wars looks like it could be fun! smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-Jun-16 18:24:47
Print Post

I downloaded the demo believe it or not and got totally confused by it all and couldn't get past the opening gaming set piece,had not got a scobby do what i was doing...Hate Star Wars anyway............
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-Jun-16 18:25:25
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
Scary that they seem to be programming us for the end of the world and zombies wink

I don't need a 4K console
I love those zombies and the way they herd. Also the way he uses an oil filter as a makeshift suppressor! cool

Reminds me of a series I've just watched on Netflix, "Z Nation". Top Zombo fun. smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-Jun-16 18:27:30
Print Post

I just like new games.........Period...

unfortunately not much is holding my attention at present and I'm now back playing The Last of Us.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-Jun-16 18:28:45
Print Post

Lol! Why did you download it then? crazy

Any other demos floating about that you recommend? I always forget to look out for them. Might have a snoop on Steam for the Doom one tonight.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to