Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 15-Jul-16 21:10:07
Print Post

Timeys new consol

[link to this post]

Go on Timey. A true gamer would buy it in a heart beat wink

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 15-Jul-16 21:46:19
Print Post

Re: Timeys new consol

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Haha. Still got the real thing and it works, maybe I should stick it on ebay smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 16-Jul-16 08:02:55
Print Post

Thats old news and i would not want that even at a freebie crazy i find it hard enough playing games from a few years back never mind 30 odd .

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 16-Jul-16 12:16:39
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Look nice on the shelf in your man den smile

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 16-Jul-16 16:48:37
Print Post

You should know Swanny I'm not that keen on Retro Gaming and have struggled to understand the backward Compatibility argument which are aimed at many a new console.

Its nice to play your previous games but personally i upgrade to see vast amounts of graphical improvement and games that wouldn't play on the previous console.

And like you so far i think this generation has been very underwhelming and it doesn't surprise me that both Microsoft and Sony are having some serious upgrades after 3 years.
Standard User HappyRockets
(newbie) Wed 20-Jul-16 12:36:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Thats old news and i would not want that even at a freebie crazy i find it hard enough playing games from a few years back never mind 30 odd .

What my boyfriend liked about the old games was the difficulty. He loves the fact that he can now go back (as older) and play the same games he struggled with as a kid and play them all pretty well and actually finish them. It goes to show that his "gaming skills" have increased immensely since back then.

I read from the article that the console now features a "save" function that lets you save your progress throughout the game? This somehow defeats the purpose by going back to the tough games for the increased challenge, but I can understand that for the "new" generation, this is a great addition. Perhaps I can start using the save function and then gradually turn it off. Unfortunately, most of the true tough games back then are not included on the Nintendo Mini console frown

Still, I am definitely buying it on launch day smile
Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 20-Jul-16 23:20:54
Print Post

[re: HappyRockets] [link to this post]

Doesn't really appeal to me, I recently got my NES out of the attic and had a few goes on Mario, it was fun but really wouldn't want to play it anymore than that. The not saving was extremely frustrating IMO. Thankfully things moved on from that.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 20-Jul-16 23:24:45
Print Post

[re: HappyRockets] [link to this post]

Oh your a girl,apologies i was guessing you was a He wink which in this day and age you still could besmile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 24-Jul-16 10:31:26
Print Post

A replica of a machine from the 80s.looks amazing a really sweet but why in 2016 would any gamer of our age bracket want to be playing 8 bit games from the 80s.

I don't know why companies continue to give us constant remakes of games and retro games from 30 years ago.

The only people that will have any interest in this sort of device is kids under 10 and i think parents will buy this unit as stocking fillers for Xmas and thats about the target audience.

I mean The Mini Nintendo Nes comes preloaded with 30 Nintendo classics from the 80s and i think I'm right in thinking it costs about £49.99.

Edited by time2die (Sun 24-Jul-16 10:32:08)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 25-Jul-16 10:17:28
Print Post

Timey I guess I am 9 years old smile

every year or so I fire up snes9x and play some snes games smile mario world I cannot resist playing again and again.

The problem with what nintendo are doing tho is they been greedy, these games on their store are way overpriced.

Mario world, starfox, zelda a link to the past, super mario kart, sonic the hedgehog, and more are works of art. Games made with a passion and very fun to play.

Now funny enough this new mini console with the 30 games is cheaper than buying 30 games of their digital store, which says alot about their online pricing as this is physical goods.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to