Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User HappyRockets
(newbie) Wed 20-Jul-16 12:51:02
Print Post

How is playing FRU with 2 Players?

[link to this post]

Hi there!

Strangely enough I did not see a thread on this super cool looking game that is made for the Xbox One Kinect. It's puzzle platformer where you use your body to create a silhouette on the screen, which opens up travel paths for the main character (female) to move through. I just saw it on the Xbox yesterday and became immediately intrigued! Read about the game through the link, where they explain that the game started its production BEFORE Microsoft announced the removal of Kinect together with the Xbox One. I am happy they finished it because it looks absolutely amazing.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/06/30/fru-kinect-throu...

Has anybody tested the 2 Player mode? It says that one player can control the female character. Can she only move left and right or are there any other functions available?

I will definitely buy this game during the weekend smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 20-Jul-16 23:22:49
Print Post

Re: How is playing FRU with 2 Players?

[re: HappyRockets] [link to this post]

Kinect a complete waste of time and space and something developers have abandoned in there droves,it should have died with the 360 and only now with the Xbox One Slim have Microsoft all but abandoned the monstrosity.

You can still plug in your Xbox One Kinect but it will require a adapter to do so provided by Microsoft as a free of charge item....

Just like Playstation Move both Microsoft and Sony tried to follow Nintendo motion controlled gaming and both failed,fun for 2 minutes and then you move on to proper gaming.
Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 20-Jul-16 23:33:07
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In summary; gamers not interested if it involves getting off the sofa grin

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User HappyRockets
(newbie) Mon 25-Jul-16 10:43:11
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

So we played 2 players for about a couple of hours during the weekend, switching between being the silhouette and the female character. During 2 player, the controls are simple for movement. So far you move left and right, jump and climb. It makes it quite fun playing together because you can be much more creative in passing the stages. During 1 player, the character moves automatically when you open up the paths, but she obviously won't do any crazy, nutty maneuvers like you can manually. Perhaps playing 2 players is cheating? smile

Anyway, we are really enjoying the game and I hope everybody that has a Kinect decides to try it out.

Kinect a complete waste of time and space and something developers have abandoned in there droves,it should have died with the 360 and only now with the Xbox One Slim have Microsoft all but abandoned the monstrosity.

You know what, we bought the Kinect separately because it did not come with the white Xbox One and game bundle. Being a massive fan of the Dance Central games, it was a must-buy. However, the dancing game had MAJOR bugs, which all made our console freeze whenver we would get achievements during multiplayer. I'm worried they won't make another game in the series now.
  Print Thread

Jump to