Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 22-Jul-16 19:58:07
Print Post

Xbox One S....

[link to this post]

For once in my gaming life i have decided to make a correct decision,well i have at present,cancelled my Xbox One S slim order which is out in a few weeks,the more i thought about the more daft it sounded,blame Microsoft for that and announcing the new Scorpio a mere 12 months later which kind of makes the Xbox One S redundant in a matter of 12 months.

I know i will buy the major upgrades like possibly the Neo and the Scorpio,but i don't play the Xbox one as it is and having finally seen a little common sense i have ditched the idea,yeah its 2TB and yeah its slimmer and can play upscaled 4k Stuff,but that is not enough and I'm not spending £350 on something that will be traded 12 months later....
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 22-Jul-16 21:50:07
Print Post

Re: Xbox One S....

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Wise choice for once my friend wink
Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 23-Jul-16 08:48:46
Print Post

Makes sense and don't forget about the NX if it ends up being a serious console.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 23-Jul-16 10:25:12
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Yeah when you think about it only one conclusion comes to mind really.......Stupidity,its not required and for me it would have needed some special type of game that looked mind blowing on the new Slim and this is not happening.

Its been bugging me for weeks and personally i think its a tragic mistake by Microsoft releasing this and then telling the world about the Scorpio 12 months down the line.

I think if you don't own a Xbox One its brilliant,if you do then a complete waste of time and space wink
Standard User HappyRockets
(newbie) Mon 25-Jul-16 14:57:35
Print Post

I think if you don't own a Xbox One its brilliant,if you do then a complete waste of time and space wink

We bought ours a little more than a year ago and paid quite a lot extra to have it with a 5 year warranty. Selling the unit and upgrading to the S would be foolish after spending a considerable amount on the additional years of warranty smile

Why don't you save your cash for a vacation to Japan or Korea? It should be more than half the flight ticket smile
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 25-Jul-16 20:59:18
Print Post

[re: HappyRockets] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by HappyRockets:
Why don't you save your cash for a vacation to Japan or Korea? It should be more than half the flight ticket smile

There's a nuclear reactor in Japan in melt down, he'd come back glowing laugh

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 25-Jul-16 21:20:27
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
In reply to a post by HappyRockets:

There's a nuclear reactor in Japan in melt down, he'd come back glowing laugh

Maybe he will have super powers also smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 25-Jul-16 22:34:28
Print Post

[re: HappyRockets] [link to this post]

Im just getting No Mans Sky August and i hope i spend a lot of my time on that game so in reality a Xbox One S wouldn't be required even if i didn't have one in the first place.

Like i said........I never play it anyway and its not exactly releasing with some blockbuster game that is going to blow the original Xbox One out of the water...

A great buy if you don't own a Xbox One,a waste of time and money if you already have a Xbox One.
  Print Thread

Jump to