Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Jul-16 06:49:50
Print Post

Some...

[link to this post]

...are going to be disappointed.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Jul-16 08:37:46
Print Post

Re: Some...

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Im one of them,read about the news yesterday and its either another huge mistake by Nintendo which will be a epic flop or they may have another Nintendo wii on there hands based on its portable use.

Nintendo have again ignored the hardcore gamer or serious gamer and gone for the teenager market.

If the rumours are true i doubt i be interested especially as you can detach the controllers according to reports and its uses a tegra chip.

Not exactly a powerhouse new Nintendo Console is it.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Jul-16 18:48:06
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Tegra X one would be very disappointing in comparison to the current gen consoles. Tegra X two not so bad, but still not doing anything a ps4 can't and that's a mistake in my opinion. They need to give themselves an edge, and I doubt portability really qualifies.

Edited by mrnelster (Wed 27-Jul-16 21:57:14)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-Jul-16 19:42:54
Print Post

So basically they are following the same path of serving the casual/kids gaming market and not going back to being a serious console. Doesn't really bother me we have Playstation, XBOX and PC's anyway. Least they are offering something different.

I have no interest in it though and there are so many mobile gaming devices, perhaps they would be better off just being a software company, just look at the success of Pokemon Go.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Jul-16 22:07:37
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Actually sounds like a cool concept, but this isn't Hollywood and we don't all ride round on a BMX wearing a backpack. And if those who do end up buying an NX, they'll likely get mugged!

I was hoping for a powerful reinvention to rival the ps4 and xbone. If true, this won't be it.
Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-Jul-16 22:24:46
Print Post

Haha smile yeah it is a cool concept be interesting to see if it will be successful or not.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Jul-16 06:18:49
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

It will be a complete stroke of genius by Nintendo or just another Nintendo Wii U flop,it depends on 3rd party support because Nintendo are extremely slow in releasing games.

The only reason i will buy it will be for the new Zelda.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Jul-16 06:22:54
Print Post

They seem to not want to take on the big two and seem to be stuck on in doing there own thing,like i said it will be another Nintendo stroke of genius as in the original Nintendo Wii or it will be another major Wii U disaster.

Only time will tell and i look forward to later in the year when we actually get to see it,a little bit like the Playstation Neo ? What has happened to that and why when its suppose to be released in about 3 months we know little about it.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 28-Jul-16 10:04:16
Print Post

I actually think its a reasonable idea, however I think its too late.

This idea of a portable gaming device been modular and also able to work on a full screen TV is what the sony vita should have been, However I dont know if it will work in today's market, it might do, but not sure.

If Nintendo make 3DS games work on it, then I will buy it, The 3DS has tons of games I want to play but I dont buy one as I dont like gaming on portable devices. I think also if they made 3DS games work on the wii-u it would have been successful, but for whatever reason they want to keep portable games segmented away from their full screen devices.

What they trying to do is a round 2 of the original wii where it worked because it was a gimmick that caught on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULcgo5wToCY

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 28-Jul-16 10:05:52)

Print Thread

Jump to