Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 01-Aug-16 06:35:17
Print Post

Rainbow Six Siege

[link to this post]

Re-visited this yesterday for a few hours. Still feels like a really good concept once you get the boaty handling adjusted to something manageable, which isn't that easy if you aren't playing the game exclusively. I played some of the "Situations" in single player to re-learn the controls, which didn't take too long.

Unfortunately, the multiplayer was a different story, with hit detection akin to a piņata; as excited as you are with the target in your sights, you have no idea how many hits are going to be required. Add to that the fact the game seems to have turned into a proper campfest, and it's a recipe for frustration. It may have been like that for a while, I haven't played for ages. Players all seem to have upgraded bonus or DLC weapons, and have mastered the maps in all the wrong ways. I was killed regularly by guys lying on the floor with the gun tilted on its side, with a shot sight line traversing the edge of three door openings, up a staircase, and into the only entrance to the room. All with one shot kills (though not according to the killcam).

Also, in most games as an attacker, you start in the camera drone and have thirty seconds or so to go into the building and tag the opposite team members and/or the hostage. Not once did I find either. Other players found them within seconds. Was I being started at the opposite side of the building in every single game, or (as is more likely) have players learned the maps and spawn rotations off by heart?

I also ended up with the fastest ping by a mile in every game, which makes the matchmaking a little suspect. You also get to rate each game at the end which suggests they know of issues. This is all in the casual lobby. There is a ranked beta in progress but I can't imagine it being any less frustrating! The average outcome was far too often weighted in favour of one team, a phenomenon COD has suffered from for years. Nine times out of ten, almost all of the kills being on one side. I also experienced a game with one player on a steady 985ms ping. Try getting a hit marker on a player with a one second advantage.....

Will give it another go tonight, but I don't hold out too much hope for the MP. The single player is cool though and I will plump for some Terroist Hunting instead if the matchmaking doesn't improve.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 01-Aug-16 08:53:46
Print Post

Re: Rainbow Six Siege

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I went in last night for about 20 mins. first time for months
I noticed lots of players ranked 240+

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Aug-16 06:37:07
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

We need a reunion on that seven forty seven. cool

Hopefully Timey and Kila haven't flogged it by now.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Aug-16 06:45:47
Print Post

MEDIIIIIIIIC!?!?!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Aug-16 08:13:35
Print Post

We don't do gaming anymore.........Sorry wink