Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 03-Sep-16 10:24:14
Print Post

This is the reason I'm buying Cod again this year

[link to this post]

This is where it all started

And it hasn't been bettered since,even now watching this it excites me even though its many years old it was simple and the gameplay near on perfect.

So we know Activision are using this as a Cash cow and MW Remaster is only included in the expensive versions of Cod this year,and we all know that some point it will get a stand alone digital release.......Question is ...When ?

I don't think it will be 2016 because that would cause some sort of anger for those that purchased the special editions.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 03-Sep-16 11:18:45
Print Post

Re: This is the reason I'm buying Cod again this year

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Takes you back smile

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 03-Sep-16 11:43:40
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

I think its the game that redefined the series Swanny and i remember playing the beta before the game was released and i was blown away,its the only game i can remember playing for about a year non stop,most online games I'm done with within a few days/weeks.

Obviously a decade ago is quite a way back and I'm another 9 years older and i doubt it will have the same impact as when i first played it,but it was the most fun i ever had in a online FPS and its the reason I'm taking the risk and buying it.and hopefully the Zombie mode will be better than the last offering and not so confusing and difficult to play.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 03-Sep-16 17:40:01
Print Post

Infinite Warfare looks rubbish, people will only be buying it to get hold of Modern warfare

Swanny
cool

Edited by Lt_Swan (Sat 03-Sep-16 17:43:49)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 04-Sep-16 09:26:48
Print Post

I might well be joining you smile

Crash
Standard User MiGLancer
(newbie) Mon 05-Sep-16 14:25:59
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

I hope people realize that in CoD4 MW Remastered:
1) There will not be any public server files - just matchmaking controlled by Activi$ion.
2) Limited maps and no mods.
3) It is very very expensive, considering IW will be pants! Effectively, you will be buying again as new!

Activi$ion is attempting to kill the CoD4 community which still provide a lot of free to play servers, 9 years after release and despite unsupported PB. Why? Because the old CoD4 is still the best CoD. And that is why Activi$ion is trying to bank on it again.

Let's hope people can see through this and stay with the old one. The new one will have a few hours life until the novelty/nostalgia wears off.

Wait for the reviews, people!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 05-Sep-16 14:38:22
Print Post

[re: MiGLancer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MiGLancer:
I hope people realize that in CoD4 MW Remastered:
1) There will not be any public server files - just matchmaking controlled by Activi$ion.
2) Limited maps and no mods.
3) It is very very expensive, considering IW will be pants! Effectively, you will be buying again as new!

Activi$ion is attempting to kill the CoD4 community which still provide a lot of free to play servers, 9 years after release and despite unsupported PB. Why? Because the old CoD4 is still the best CoD. And that is why Activi$ion is trying to bank on it again.

Let's hope people can see through this and stay with the old one. The new one will have a few hours life until the novelty/nostalgia wears off.

Wait for the reviews, people!

Still its the best in the series by far.smile
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 05-Sep-16 17:05:23
Print Post

[re: MiGLancer] [link to this post]

That's a bit of a game changer

Swanny
cool
  Print Thread