Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 05-Sep-16 17:24:30
Print Post

Modern Warfare Remastered

[link to this post]

The Crash Map wink

The time when a online Multiplayer fps felt fresh and a joy to play,will it feel the same nearly a decade later and a decade older,probably not but to me its worth the investment as i crave a really good addictive online game once again.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 05-Sep-16 22:55:58
Print Post

Re: Modern Warfare Remastered

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

If what the new chap said happens then they can stick it up their [censored]
If i want to play it I'll just fire up the ps3

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 06-Sep-16 16:29:43
Print Post

Check out the difference.

I think even been 9 years old this is going to be the top shooter of 2016 without doubt in my eyes,even out doing Battlefield 1.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 06-Sep-16 16:51:50
Print Post

I hope you're right but if this is true then it will be rubbish

I hope people realize that in CoD4 MW Remastered:
1) There will not be any public server files - just matchmaking controlled by Activi$ion.
2) Limited maps and no mods.
3) It is very very expensive, considering IW will be pants! Effectively, you will be buying again as new!

Activi$ion is attempting to kill the CoD4 community which still provide a lot of free to play servers, 9 years after release and despite unsupported PB. Why? Because the old CoD4 is still the best CoD. And that is why Activi$ion is trying to bank on it again.

Let's hope people can see through this and stay with the old one. The new one will have a few hours life until the novelty/nostalgia wears off.

Wait for the reviews, people!

Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 06-Sep-16 17:58:13
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

All 16 maps will be available,10 at launch and the other 6 before Christmas so i don't see any issues of what we all know was and still is one if the best online FPS on the market even by todays standards...........

I don't care I'm buying it wink regardless of the cost,yes we all know it will be out as a standalone at some point,but i don't see that happening until after Christmas,besides when i think about it i would have probably bought the new Cod for Zombie mode regardless.....

So really I'm not paying much more .
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 06-Sep-16 18:00:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
I hope you're right but if this is true then it will be rubbish

I hope people realize that in CoD4 MW Remastered:
1) There will not be any public server files - just matchmaking controlled by Activi$ion.
2) Limited maps and no mods.
3) It is very very expensive, considering IW will be pants! Effectively, you will be buying again as new!

Activi$ion is attempting to kill the CoD4 community which still provide a lot of free to play servers, 9 years after release and despite unsupported PB. Why? Because the old CoD4 is still the best CoD. And that is why Activi$ion is trying to bank on it again.

Let's hope people can see through this and stay with the old one. The new one will have a few hours life until the novelty/nostalgia wears off.

Wait for the reviews, people!

He is basically talking about the PC version and i don't do PC and punk buster wink
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 06-Sep-16 18:05:38
Print Post

How do you know he's talking about PC?

Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 06-Sep-16 18:15:00
Print Post

Because when have you ever heard of dedicated servers on Cod Mw and when have consoles ever used such programs as Punkbuster.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 06-Sep-16 21:20:30
Print Post

Good point young Padawan

Swanny
cool
Standard User MiGLancer
(newbie) Thu 08-Sep-16 10:59:07
Print Post

Yes, I was referring to the PC version. Except maybe PB - all points stand though. I personally don't play any FPS on console when PC gameplay is so much better. So I guess my worry is that the remastered version will be neutered for consoles. Hopefully the PC community will not be phased by this pointless disruption. The console versions never have dedicated servers though, so I thought it was obvious I was talking about the PC one.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to