Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 09-Sep-16 09:17:05
Print Post

Some investment in PSN needs to Happen

[link to this post]

Here is Why ?

And i have always said the Xbox Network is more stable and far better,shame that in the games department for the moment it has the weaker games with lower resolutions,if it didn't I'm sure most of what i would buy would be on the Xbox Service.

I had massive restricted times trying to play the Battlefield 1 beta on PSN,some because of the EA servers and some problems associated with PSN being down yet again.

But if this trend continues I'm seriously thinking of buying some of my games on the xbox service,even though they may be of the lower resolution .
Standard User bernado
(member) Fri 09-Sep-16 16:40:38
Print Post

Re: Some investment in PSN needs to Happen

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I've got to say I got royally peed off with PSN outages over the last year when using a PS3. A lot of it was supposedly due to those revolutionary freedom fighters (my [censored]) the Lizard Squad with their DOS attacks which I know didn't just affect PSN, but the Xbox network was reported being much faster in recovery.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 09-Sep-16 17:12:55
Print Post

[re: bernado] [link to this post]

Yeah since they started charging us £40 a year its gone down the pan,obviously not investing in the Network and racking in all the Money from the subscription.

Im seriously starting to think of buying for my Xbox one instead,even though most the games seem to run at a lower resolution and thats the only reason i stick with the P4.

I would have bought the upcoming new Cod Game Infinite Warfare on Xbox until Sony stole the exclusivity deals of Activision to have content first on there system.

Edited by time2die (Fri 09-Sep-16 17:14:19)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 10-Sep-16 01:47:51
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I accept everybody's opinion on Xbox live being better, because I haven't used it so couldn't possibly have an opinion.

What I will say though, is that that article and the "white paper" linked to, is the biggest load of [censored] I have ever read. Did you actually read it mate, or just accept it to be fact?

Read it. It's nonsense.

No real methodology. No real metrics. No figures for comparison. Just some little blue lines and "We did lab testing we did..." crazy

Utter [censored] mate. Then read the article:
Microsoft has gotten into the mood of piling on Sony, especially after last night's lackluster PlayStation hardware reveal event. Immediately following the unveiling of PlayStation 4 Pro, a high-end model meant to compete with next year's Xbox One revision, Project Scorpio, top brass at Microsoft tweeted about the Xbox One's superiority.
Really? Actually it was announced before any mention at all of the existence of Scorpio.

Project Scorpio hasn't been fully revealed yet, but what we do know thus far suggests it's more powerful than the upcoming PS4 Pro, which launches in November.
Hold on, weren't they meant to be competing with it a minute ago? Competing against what exactly? Oh yeah, "Mine's gonna be bigger and faster than yours, so nerrrr!"

We'll surely hear more from Microsoft about all the things Project Scorpio is capable of over PS4 Pro before it hits retail in holiday 2017.
Of course we will, because there isn't really much to talk about yet. Microsoft was most probably forced to announce the Scorpio because it didn't see the Neo coming, yet it seems to have been flipped by the gaming media (if you can seriously call it journalism any more) into Sony missing a trick. That's no doubt why Sony simply commented on the MS announcement as "Surprising." Detect the subtle sarcasm perhaps.

It was a marketing defence, as is this rubbish being passed off as journalism. But it's on the internet so it must be true? Textbook Microsoft in my opinion and just proves that Chrysalis and stateoftrance were right to be concerned about where this could lead.

It's like rushing out to buy the "5 minute abs" workout video, because "6 minute abs" is so last year...

I'm losing interest in the Neo fast, but more so because of MS's underhand tactics than anything else. Might just wait and see instead. frown
Standard User epyon
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 10-Sep-16 07:05:05
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Well about online play i'm not sure what makes it better

if it had ded servers then maybe

i do like some actual software on the xbone like you can have a multparty skype while playing games that is pretty cool.

also the xbox scorp will have 6Tflops vs 4.2 of the ps4 pro

if that will somehow make it massively faster or better remains to be seen as Tflops can be misleading on on how well something performs

But since they should both be based on GCN 4.0/1.4 it will give a rough estimate

Still prefer a better game in general than OMG GRAPHICS

kinda annoying that crysis 1 with HD/Photo mods look better or at least on par with consoles best releases like uncharted IMO anyways.

BT Infinity 2 - 80/20
BT Infinity 2 Speedtest *Smart Hub*
BT Mobile - 4G
BT Mobile 4G Speedtest *Huawei PLK-L01*

Edited by epyon (Sat 10-Sep-16 07:07:52)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 10-Sep-16 10:13:54
Print Post

Nope i didn't read it all as there was way to much and i haven't got the patience,i talk from experience,mainly having both consoles on at the same time when experiencing online connection issues with games and there networks.

You may not agree with the article and the facts and figures they produce but the Xbox Network is more stable which ever way you look at it.

It was just a piece of Gaming news and i picked this one,could have picked many others but this was one of the Highlighted links on N4G at the time,after spending countless hours trying to connect with the Battlefield 1 servers,i downloaded the game on Xbox One and guess what....It connected first time,back to the PSN and the error message ..can not connect to EA servers,and i had this for 4 out of 8 nights.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 10-Sep-16 10:28:15
Print Post

I still think Sony was shocked by Microsoft reveal and it was way to late to do anything about it and the Neo was to advanced ,built in its millions and sitting in many distribution centres around the world.

Whatever Microsoft release at the back end of 2017 do you see Sony sitting back and having Microsoft with the more powerful console,from what they have talked and said about the Scorpio it will be far superior,and lets not forget now both companies product are out in the open,Microsoft still have time to even up the specification of there unit as i doubt very much these are in production at present.

Im never going to complain about new technology as i live and breath stuff like this,especially gaming consoles and software advances,but i think most of us,especially Sony Console owners have not seen the last of Sony,i just don't think come this time next year with the Scorpio release on the release schedule Sony will sit back and be happy with there Playstation Pro,unless they have some amazing hidden tricks and features lined up for the Pro they have to release another console that is in direct competition with the Scorpio.....Even out doing it in every way possible.

For now they have the lead and they will do for the next 14 months,but you and me both know,Gamers won't the most powerful and if they do nothing then Microsoft are going to seriously eat into that lead that Sony have had the past 3 years.

I May be wrong and Sony may just stick with the Pro and have some Jaw dropping games and they may be able to do stuff with the Pro they haven't talked about,i just can not believe you would throw away a console lead and hand it back to your competitors .
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 10-Sep-16 10:30:16
Print Post

The thing is Microsoft along with their fan boys were always gonna try and jump on Sony for any little detail that they think they have the edge with i guess it's always been like that even when it was the other way around when Xbox was leading the way!!

As you know I do prefer my Xbox over the PS4 but purely because that's where I play with people I actually know along with the fact that I get games cheaper on Xbox wink, there are one or two other reasons why I prefer the Xbox but the PS4 claws it back via it's power advantage!

Now Microsoft crowing about how much better the Scorpio is than the pro is mute really seeing as it isn't even a thing yet and Sony will have had the more powerful console for what 4 years by the time the Scorpio comes out and as Timey has said don't expect Sony to sit by and let Microsoft usurp them!!!

Xbox live is without a doubt far superior than PSN but it's not so bad that you PS boys would jump ship over it! I had issues with BF1 on PS and none at all on Xbox but it did come across as an EA server thing rather than a PSN thing but as to why it didn't affect Xbox I'm not sure (for me anyway)?

Edited by jorkila (Sat 10-Sep-16 10:30:54)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 10-Sep-16 10:34:30
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

It it has Gears wink enjoyed it last night matey smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 10-Sep-16 10:36:11
Print Post

here is one for the playstation fans.