Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bernado
(member) Mon 12-Sep-16 13:25:44
Print Post

Xbox crossplay, anyone know much about it?

[link to this post]

I'm getting thoroughly overexcited about Gears 4 incoming and wondering about how this crossplay thing works, anyone able to enlighten me?

My situation is I don't currently have a XB1 but hope to soon, however my PC may be able to run it (upto a fashion at least).
So, if I get it will it be transferable to PC without any associated Xbox hardware or do you have to have the thing physically in a console to log it against your Microsoft account?

That's another thing, will crossplay only work if purchased from Microsoft's store or does that not matter?

Edited by bernado (Mon 12-Sep-16 13:26:46)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 12-Sep-16 15:27:11
Print Post

Re: Xbox crossplay, anyone know much about it?

[re: bernado] [link to this post]

PM Jorkila he will tell you or do a Google search wink

Check this out
Standard User bernado
(member) Mon 12-Sep-16 15:41:34
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
PM Jorkila he will tell you or do a Google search wink

Check this out

Ah yes, the famous 'Google is your friend' response.
Anyway thanx for the link, good news that I don't need to be tooled up with XB1 from the off, assuming my PC plays the thing.
It does BLOPS 3 which I understand isn't the most efficiently coded release so fingers crossed.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 12-Sep-16 15:48:13
Print Post

Well thats how i generally answer questions i need answers to,along side many other millions,you going to get restricted answers on here and Google has to be far more pro creative at answering your questions ?wink
Standard User bernado
(member) Mon 12-Sep-16 15:55:04
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
Well thats how i generally answer questions i need answers to,along side many other millions

Yes me too, but I'm having a day off

Edited by bernado (Mon 12-Sep-16 16:48:01)

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Mon 12-Sep-16 16:38:31
Print Post

Just make sure you buy the digital version, I've seen loads of people think the disc version allows you to "play anywhere" which it does not.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 12-Sep-16 16:56:48
Print Post

Google is skynet wink

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 12-Sep-16 17:04:25
Print Post

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/mar/01/m...

https://mspoweruser.com/xbox-one-scorpio-will-break-...

Good luck using a joypad against a keyboard and mouse. You will be phonwed laugh

Not sure how you spell it in kids speak

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User bernado
(member) Mon 12-Sep-16 17:22:04
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/mar/01/m...

https://mspoweruser.com/xbox-one-scorpio-will-break-...

Good luck using a joypad against a keyboard and mouse. You will be phonwed laugh

Not sure how you spell it in kids speak

Yeah I know from my BLOPS3 PC experience that I'm doomed (Captain Mainwaring) with a pad against mousers, I've tried using keyboard and mouse but I'm a lost cause with that combo.

The good thing with Gears thouugh is Horde mode where playing against AI things are a bit more evened out.
Especially if I adopt the same tactic as on 360 where my persona was the sexy buxom female, I found this got me revived far quicker than when playing as one of the male characterssmile

Just seen that the dual Windows 10/Xbox digital download version on Amazon is £8 more than the disc version - £50 vs £42.
So much for Microsoft's statement - "Buy once, play anywhere. Purchase an Xbox Play Anywhere digital game, play it on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC at no additional cost."

I'm definitely in though as this will be a blooming boon when her indoors wants to watch Great British Whack Off and dominates the telly.
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 12-Sep-16 18:34:06
Print Post

When you buy an Xbox Play Anywhere digital game through the Xbox Store or the Windows Store, itís yours to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC at no additional cost. To take advantage of Xbox Play Anywhere, you will need to have installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition update on your PC, as well as the latest update on your Xbox One console. Then, simply log into your Xbox Live/Microsoft account and your Xbox Play Anywhere games will be available to download.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to