Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 29-Sep-16 18:11:19
Print Post

So is this the new trend in Pre/ordering.

[link to this post]

So i have just noticed that if you pre/order Dishonoured 2 you get to play it a day early.......Wow !!!! A hole Day,same with Gears 4 but you get 4 days early play,MW remaster you get to play the single player game 30 days early when they send out the codes next week.

So is this the latest incentive.i mean i have the Gears special edition that includes the seasons pass because i just adore Gears game and Horde Mode,but i can assure you i didn't buy this just to play 4 days early.

Dishonoured 2 Trailer.

Another game added to my ever expanding Autumn /Winter release schedule which is always crazy this time of the year .

Edited by time2die (Thu 29-Sep-16 18:14:47)

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Fri 30-Sep-16 11:37:14
Print Post

Re: So is this the new trend in Pre/ordering.

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I thought this myself recently, For a long time now game companys have been trying to get people to pre order by having skins/weapons etc and now they appear to be trying the play early thing.
I remember getting Halo 3 a week early from Argos as they were selling it early by mistake, I sold it for £95, There is for sure a market where people want to play whatever game as early as possible.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Sep-16 12:43:45
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

I get it for a few weeks or a month early as in MW single player part for the Remaster version,But a day is hardly a incentive to pre/order a game,i liked Dishonoured when it came out and i like the look of the new one.

I will order it,but not for the day early play ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Sep-16 13:46:16
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I think some companies might look at it as a small reward for loyal fans. Plus, if it is network based it allows them to give it a bit of a shakedown before the official release.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Sep-16 23:48:57
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by IranianGiraffe:
I thought this myself recently, For a long time now game companys have been trying to get people to pre order by having skins/weapons etc and now they appear to be trying the play early thing.

I never understood why anyone bothers buying skins. I couldn't care less what anyone else is wearing and I normally wouldn't even notice although I am a bit jealous of Nelly and his fancy hat. Not so much of a problem now as I'm not allowed in his gang these days frown

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 01-Oct-16 05:59:01
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Sorry Swanny. Only because wotty is a level 7. crazy

If you text me when you're going on, I'll join you and Marko. You might have to drop me a few scraps mind!
  Print Thread

Jump to