Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 05-Oct-16 16:35:15
Print Post

PSVR Review Ign.com

[link to this post]

Plus and Minus point...Motion Tracking.

Still for the money its got a good score,still not convinced myself but Nelly Boy may change my mind,but i tell you know he is going to have to be extremely convincing for me to purchase this Unit.wink
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 05-Oct-16 18:13:28
Print Post

Re: PSVR Review Ign.com

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Spy cameras... No thanks tongue

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Oct-16 06:26:52
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

It's really annoying when reviewers contradict each other on the basics!

IGN made a big point about not being able to put the headset on with one hand, meaning you then had to grubble about blindly afterwards, looking for your controller/s.

Digital Foundry then point out in their video what I already expected to be true, from very, very early prototype reviews, that you could simply slide the screen forward and look down at your surroundings. How can a professional outfit like IGN miss such a fundamental function of a product? confused

Digital Foundary however, then go on to say "good luck" with the motion sickness as it is going to be "brutal" in fast moving games. It then shows you him playing VR Luge, sitting bolt upright!?! I've mentioned here before (though I can't find it now) an interesting fact I picked up from a Neogaf thread, that if you're laying down in the VR environment, then you need to lay down while playing or you will feel sick. Isn't that the point of a party type game such as VR Luge, rolling around on the floor while your friends/family watch on the second screen function?

Why would anybody for example, play Project Cars in VR, standing up? crazy

So I'm still a little edgy, but overall I do think a lot of the cons are for the sake of a balanced review, which is fair enough. I'd always be more weary of a review that is all pros and no cons.

The "brutal" sickness thing I totally disbelieve however. I've watched too many reviews to accept that it's a major issue. I think most will quickly get used to the movement if they immerse themselves properly. Not laying down on the sofa with their feet up, whilst racing in Driveclub VR! smile

The only issue for me [still] is whether to cancel again and wait for a better package to come before Christmas??

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Oct-16 06:40:05
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Forgot the Digital Foundry link.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Oct-16 08:03:39
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Yeah watched this one also.