Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Oct-16 16:19:35
Print Post

Gears 4 Horde Mode Explained ....

[link to this post]

Just what the Doctor Ordered wink

This explains a lot and explains the thing called the Weapon locker which up until now i wasn't sure what it was all about and the fact it costs £5000 which is quite an amount at the start of any Horde game.

After reading this about hints and tips for Horde mode seems the weapon locker is a really important aspect of the game....

Games everything i expected and more, been on it 5 nights running and its a game i find so dam addicting which is rare for me these past few years, as online games go this is up there with the original Modern Warfare for me if not top of the list........Pure online gaming at its best and the biggest buzz i have had in years,was still occasionally playing Gears 3 though on the Xbox Compatibility list which is still a fantastic game and it wont be forgotten .

Have to say Horde on 4 is a lot more difficult, but i love the challenge, had a giggle last night as i decided to play Horde on my own on the Nightmare setting,i had about 3 attempts and i think i managed to last a whopping 30 seconds once the wave began crazy.

Think Nelly has been converted and we have had a few entertaining nights playing Horde,i think we should have joined 3 others though but it was still a blast with just the pair of us..

My preferred weapon of choice is the Lancer.problem is that is allocated to just one of the 5 classes and thats the soldier, if you read the ign piece then really its essential to have a Engineer who has the repair tools be it playing with 2 or the maximum of 5 a Engineer is essential,so i think i may have to try this class and we can get a weapon locker and place some lancers in there when available .

Whats interesting and i find this will be a factor is the competenace nature of the game and we all like to get the most kills and highest scores,so when we have a full crew like Frag,Jorkila and His Son its going to make for a interesting match, but given it second thoughts i dont think I'm going to be to worried about who kills what and who has the highest kill count at the end of each round, think team play is required here and i think we will have to use the classes given correctly, which means in some cases you want always have the quick fire machine gun like the Lancer,so been up there at the top of the scoreboard is not going to happen, at the end of the day this is all about 5 team mates surviving round after round of the brilliant Horde mode.

One more thing Farmer Swanny........Your a fool to miss out on such a outstanding, addictive multiplayer team game, especially given your love of shooters wink.

Ask your mate Nelly who was dubious also.....smile

Edited by time2die (Thu 13-Oct-16 18:14:00)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Oct-16 17:56:06
Print Post

Re: Gears 4 Horde Mode Explained ....

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
Whats interesting and i find this will be a factor is the competenace nature of the game and we all like to get the most kills and highest scores,so when we have a full crew like Frag,Jorkila and His Son its going to make for a interesting match, but given it second thoughts i dont think I'm going to be to worried about who kills what and who has the highest kill count at the end of each round, think team play is required here and i think we will have to use the classes given correctly, which means in some cases you want always have the quick fire machine gun like the Lancer,so been up there at the top of the scoreboard is not going to happen, at the end of the day this is all about 5 team mates surviving round after round of the brilliant Horde mode.
Exactly. It's enthralling when the whole world has gone to [censored], yet you still manage to run the full length of the map, pick up your team mates dog tags, and then leggit all the way back again to revive him at the war locker. Shooting becomes secondary!

Hectic - Addictive. grin
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Oct-16 19:30:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
One more thing Farmer Swanny........Your a fool to miss out on such a outstanding, addictive multiplayer team game, especially given your love of shooters wink.

Ask your mate Nelly who was dubious also.....smile

It's really not my type of game and I won't install windows 10 on my PC ;p

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Oct-16 07:18:45
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Then invest in a Xbox One S...crazy
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Oct-16 08:59:44
Print Post

It's an idea but not for one game

Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Oct-16 12:57:09
Print Post

well i only really have a S for this game, but i have ordered Battlefield 1 for it and i have Forza and now its HDR enabled its worth it, problem is my super duper Sony 4k expensive tv doesn't seem to support HDR content.........[censored] ? its only a few years old, it had a firmware update the other night as they are suppose to be supporting older Sony Televisions,but it still says in the Xbox One S settings your TV supports 4K but sadly not HDR..........Really annoyed at this and its virtually impossible to keep up with technology and all the advances ,in 5 years time it will be 16K and where does it end........Nothing is fool proof ?
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Oct-16 18:27:42
Print Post

Why have you ordered BF1 on the xbone?

Swanny
cool
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Oct-16 18:37:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
Why have you ordered BF1 on the xbone?

Better players wink
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Oct-16 18:43:51
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

To avoid you tongue

On a serious note i thought it would look nicer on my Xbox S but like i said this so called top of the range 4K Sony tv doesn't seem to support the HDR capabilities of the S which is a right kick in the teeth.crazy
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Fri 14-Oct-16 18:44:07
Print Post

I'd imagine it's because he wants to play it online and the PSN gives up all the time (little joke as advanced warefare beta supposed to be out but delayed as the network is down)
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to