Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Oct-16 10:21:58
Print Post

Battlefield 1

[link to this post]

changed and bought it on my new Xbox S console and i expect this game tomorrow wink Single player is about 6 hours only but getting some outstanding review scores, and we all know Battlefield isn't about single player wink.

Set my new TV and i have to say after a few HDR Concerns [sorted by me matey Jorkila] I'm really really truly deeply, madly impressed with this set, screen size is going to take some getting used to as it like sitting in a small cinema, but what a picture ,literally jaw dropping, blows away my Sony KX system in terms of clarity and definition.

Didn't realise i had to change a few settings on the TV to get all the xbox s HDR thing working, factory set all the HDR HDMI ports were switched of.......Don't ask my why when this is the big draw attraction to these UHD sets from Samsung.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Oct-16 17:49:52
Print Post

Battlefield 1 Hacked

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

It's been hacked already

http://www.pcgamer.com/bf1-hacks/

[censored]

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Oct-16 18:37:26
Print Post

Re: Battlefield 1 Hacked

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

They should get life bans but i don't know really how to stop idiots doing this and what the answer is, obviously he has a fair knowledge and expertise on how do do this, so he has some technical knowledge not used in the correct manner.

They will just create other accounts and carry on as normal.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 20-Oct-16 13:28:51
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

multiplayer gaming is not for me.

I will give a quick rundown why I am not into multiplayer gaming.

Single player

Play at own pace without stress
Dont need to worry about things like hacking and cheating.
Single player games tend to give a more rich experience as multiplayer revolves around doing the same thing again and again.
Can play at time you want instead of arranging time with friends.

Multiplayer

Tends to be of competitive nature, rather than relaxed chilling out gameplay.
Have to deal with cheaters (on pc).
Games tend to die out quickly when people get bored so may also have to keep buying new games to find someone to play with.
Need to pay for online subscription (on consoles)
If matchmaking code is bad you can end up just constantly losing which isnt fun. Which leads to the last point.
Generally higher levels of skill are required to win at multiplayer games vs AI.

BF games do have quite good single player tho, much better than COD.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Oct-16 13:36:40
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Would disagree with the last paragraph as Battlefield having better single player Campaign than Cod,its normally the other way around as Battlefield has never been known for intense addictive single player Campaign but for its multiplayer.

I also don't agree with your views on Multiplayer apart from Hackers that obviously ruin the experience, once you have a addictive online game such as Gears 4 with a few mates especially on Horde Mode and games such as the original MW they are truly exciting and fun to play without the issues you take about, for it to be like you like then the games would seriously have to have a price cut just for a single player experience, most games of today focus on multiplayer and thats a fact.

Edited by time2die (Thu 20-Oct-16 13:40:00)

Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Oct-16 20:07:33
Print Post

Re: Battlefield 1

Hmm still not sure if I will get it or not, will have to check out some reviews/gameplay vids I think. Not looked at it since playing the beta.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Oct-16 20:09:07
Print Post

Re: Battlefield 1

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

I asked in sainsburys how much it will cost, he said listed at £42.99 but could be discounted

Swanny
cool
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Oct-16 20:10:56
Print Post

BF games are all about multi player and people never get bored playing them

Swanny
cool
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 20-Oct-16 20:28:57
Print Post

Yeah we wont agree, we different type of gamers smile

I was just trying to explain why I am not into it as much as you guys.

Most games released across all platforms are actually single player focused, but they not the big budget highly marketed games that draw your attention. It just so happens that even tho multiplayer games are outnumbered by single player games, a few multiplayer games are immensely possibly to a distorted level. Hearthstone, COD, BF, starcraft, league of legends, overwatch. All those games very popular.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 20-Oct-16 20:35:14)

Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Oct-16 23:01:08
Print Post

Well if anyone is on the fence for this game let me assure you that this is the best single player experience I've had this gen, graphically it's jaw dropping in places (particularly upscaled to 4k) it must look amazing on pc!

It makes a refreshing change being set back in time instead of all this jumping and jet packing around!

It has a solid story mode so far with as usual solid Battlefield mechanics!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to