Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Oct-16 10:06:25
Print Post

Nintendo Reveal the NX

[link to this post]

According to the Nintendo Twitter Feed they will show a video of there new console today at 3pm Uk time.wink

Be interesting to see what they come up with, but I'm not expecting some power house of a console like i wanted.
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Oct-16 15:07:39
Print Post

Re: Nintendo Reveal the NX

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

15:07 and still nothing on their site yet!!
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Oct-16 15:15:04
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Count me in!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Oct-16 15:47:03
Print Post

I watched the live stream from some Nintendo Fan,not the greatest quality and a typical Nintendo product but quirky all the same, no mention of specifications on the unit but it looked really interesting even though I'm not really interested in the mobile part of the gaming and the way the controllers slot away from the main unit.

At the end of the day its Nintendo down to a tea, not interested in Horse Power but like bringing something different to the gaming world and not wanting to compete with the likes of Sony And Microsoft in terms of graphical capabilities and HDR.

Will be interested to what connections the unit has on the back, like a ethernet for starters, as Nintendo has never really been interested in having a great online gaming system and have excluded that basic function on the last few occasions.

One thing they have got right this time is a decent name that goes well with the system they are going to be selling............I like it ....The Nintendo Switch wink I will buy one for sure, no hesitation,Nintendo started me in the world of console gaming and they make outstanding 1st party games but not frequent enough for my liking.

It needs 3rd party support though and most likely have some games that Microsoft and Sony don't have, but based on the 3 minute video i doubt very much it will be my choice for multi platform games on all of the consoles, unless this unit has more power/Grunt than expected.

This is make or break for Nintendo as the Wii U [Stupid Name] was a complete failure,13 Million units sold in 4 years is a disaster .

Hopefully we get a bigger picture about the Switch in the next few weeks, but like you Jorkila as soon as this unit goes live its for me for sure, especially as it has the new Zelda which is my favourite game of all time.smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Oct-16 15:52:05
Print Post

Not sure about the tiny dispatch-able controllers though for the mobile playing, they look extremely small on the airplane clip, main house controller looks more like the Xbox Design though.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Oct-16 16:18:23
Print Post

Re: Nintendo Reveal the NX..Pictures

I have to say it looks like a lovely looking console/Gadget

I think the pictures reveal more about the actual unit than the video reveal to be honest, just hope it can hold its own in the world dominated My Microsoft and Sony.

Once the Giants of console gaming Nintendo last 4 years or so have simply lost the plot when it comes to console gaming and whats required in this day and age.

I do hope the Switch isn't just another Nintendo fad that quickly fades to oblivion, in the world of 4k gaming and HDR I do hope it finds a place.

But in terms of performance i doubt this is going to have Sony and Microsoft worried, unless it takes of like the original Nintendo Wii.

Funny how Nintendo don't seem to follow trends and the way Gaming is evolving with the HDR and VR focuss,they seem hell bent on doing there own thing,dont know if this is a good thing or a bad things just wish Sega would make a console return........That would be interesting?.

More pictures from Nintendo site.

The more i see and the more Nintendo reveal the Switch the more i think this is going to be a tremendous success for Nintendo regardless of power, if it can keep the 3rd party support and has some great 1st party games on a regular basis then i think Nintendo may have just turned the corner.

The minute this console goes live for pre/order and we have more advanced news of the cost of the unit as it may come in a few flavours I'm In.....Like a Rat up a drain pipe wink

Edited by time2die (Thu 20-Oct-16 16:39:31)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Oct-16 16:46:10
Print Post

Re: Nintendo Reveal ,some interesting thoughts

Mentioned many of these myself earlier in the thread
Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Oct-16 20:01:30
Print Post

Looks like a interesting design but I'm not a fan of Nintendo games so not for me.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Oct-16 20:15:45
Print Post

Looks good to me.
I like the way they have set up multi-player too

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 20-Oct-16 20:52:25
Print Post

I can understand why, why would we want a third clone of the ps4/xbox1? thats bad for the consumer. Less platforms = better for consumer. It also is a reason the wii-u failed as developers dont have an appetite for developing for too many platforms.

I will not be buying it tho, I am still feeling the pain of spending £400 on a wii-u that was abandoned by nintendo. They should refund me but they wont.

Here is my main gripe.

They have the wii-u which is large screen but lacks a games library.
They have the 3ds which is a good success and a very good games library but its handheld only.
The obvious question which is why dont 3ds games work on the wii-u or they make it possible to connect a 3ds to the big screen.

This device the logical thing to do would be to allow it to play 3ds games, if that works, then I will buy one. But I know nintendo, and it wont be able to play 3ds games as they want people to buy both consoles not just one of them.

Sony if they did 2 things with the vita.

1 - Display out
2 - could play all PSP games.

I reckon it would have been a success, very simple omissions that cause it to fail.

The xbox1 backward compatibility has shed some light into why we have these weird barriers in place. According to major nelson microsoft cannot make a xbox360 game work on the xbox1 without the publisher approval, as the content is only licensed for one device. So I guess sony had the problem with the vita with publishers refusing to license games for the vita, and nintendo may have a similar problem on their devices.

To buy this without any announced games is a big shot in the dark.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 20-Oct-16 20:57:13)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to