Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Nov-16 07:32:23
Print Post

Days Gone

[link to this post]

If it has the gameplay then this has to be contender for game of 2017

I remember the stage presentation of this at E3 of June this year, i literally thought Naughty Dog were at it again and this was The Last of Us 2.

Game looks absolutely amazing and even more so on the Playstation Pro.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Nov-16 07:43:46
Print Post

Re: Days Gone

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

This is the one game so far that makes me want a pro.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 05-Nov-16 07:59:02
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

either the youtube video is horribly encoded or the detail levels on the zombies is really bad.

The author of the video is going a bit too far like he is giving away what he has been told to say. He is talking as if 4k is something new and there is no high visual platform already out there, well there is and its the PC.

It is funny because in the past, journalists would talk about console versions of games, and make side comments that are vague like "enhanced visuals" on pc, but never go into detail about it. Then when a console gets an upgrade everyone goes crazy.

The game itself looks interesting, glad its not first person view, however will it have solid performance or be a frame rate dipper.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 05-Nov-16 08:12:58
Print Post

Looks good mate, loved the oil filter as a silencer for his pistol!!
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Nov-16 10:04:35
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

He prefaced his statement with the video being old announcement footage, not the newer native 4K that they weren't allowed to record, so who knows, he could well be right.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Nov-16 13:37:14
Print Post

Looks fantastic but I don't do zombies

Actually it looks ok. When he's walking across the corrugated iron roof the sheets aren't flexing. Nice try but still work to be done

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool

Edited by Lt_Swan (Sat 05-Nov-16 13:38:56)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 05-Nov-16 13:50:06
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

is ok, I seen now it is a ps channel so it makes sense why he was talking the way he was. Also thanks for clarifying this is not the pro footage.

Regarding native 4k we will see, the new ps4 pro is not 4x as powerful as the base ps4, but native 4k has 4x the pixel count of 1080p.

Also I dont think you need 4k to see things like individual hairs on a head, it was those sort of comments where it felt like he was trying a hard sell of the resolution. He was talking more about the resolution and ps4 pro than the game itself which just seemed bizarre. But as I said the game looks interesting to me regardless of resolution.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 05-Nov-16 13:51:38
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

how did timey make the decision it looks so great on the ps4 pro when that wasnt the footage ? smile

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Nov-16 18:30:05
Print Post

It's likely possible to do away with a lot of other effects by rendering extra pixels instead.

It will be interesting to see how well the ps4 pro can render in 4k, whether it be native/checkerboard/upscale/whatever. I'm not too fussed which way it achieves it to be honest, as long as it looks great.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 06-Nov-16 09:18:53
Print Post

Because i was looking at a Gaming site that compared some pictures and the developers have already said it will have Pro support, even if it didn't the game looks fantastic regardless.
  Print Thread

Jump to