Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 06-Nov-16 10:17:59
Print Post

Infinite Warfare/MW Remaster thoughts....

[link to this post]

Well i have tried both IW and the remaster of the MW epic game from 9 years ago and single player both games shine, the remaster of MW is exceptional for a game so old, even the new Cod single player Infinite warfare is really really well made and plays really nice and I'm enjoying both experiences.

My biggest concern is my initial impressions of the multiplayer in MW that at the time i absolutely idolised,only went in and played it for like 10 minutes but the speed and the quickness of this game and the fact you will die a lot if you haven't got the quickest reactions in the world doesn't make for a enjoyable experience with the short time i tested it.

I dont know if its playing against better players with better weapons and load outs or the fact I'm just to dam old to be playing against Teeny Boppers with reactions like lightening bolts.

You can not have a load out until level 4 and are stuck with the poor choices of weapons one starts out with, i couldn't wait to try the MW remaster multiplayer and its way to early to start ripping it to threads, compared to Gears Horde mode at this moment in time i know which i prefer to play.

Im going to continue to try and level up and create load outs for MW and see if things improve, but with the short time i spent having a go 9 years later I'm not convinced its for me.

I might come back in a week and say its still awesome, but for now i wasn't impressed with the way i played and the fact its more frantic than i even remember.

Not tried multiplayer of IW or Zombies.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Nov-16 06:56:53
Print Post

Re: Infinite Warfare/MW Remaster thoughts....

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

My thoughts:

Why the [censored] do I have to download the remastered version? I have to keep the disc in to play the damn thing, does it not fit on it?

15 minutes on multiplayer in offline bot mode and I wanted to set the disk on fire and flush it down the toilet - same with the "new take" on zombies.

So it looks like it will just be a very expensive slot filler to access the remastered version. At least I know I'm going to enjoy the campaign on that.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Nov-16 08:28:10
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Yeah on the Xbox one it installed the main game in about 30 minutes then went online to download MW Remaster which took the best part of 6 hours.........Why like you say wan this not on the disk ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Mon 07-Nov-16 11:17:55
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

If you are anything like me back then you would of played the hell out of the game all the time and your muscle memory on the game would of been crazy good.
Since you've not played a COD much in a while your muscle memory on the game will be poor so you wont lock onto targets even close to the speed you did before even with the aim assist.

Now when you consider probably 90%+ of those playing COD play it most days and have done so for a good few years there is no way in hell you are going to be upto the speed of most of them within a few days.

Has your reflexes got slower, more than likely, But for me it's mainly muscle memory and after a few days/week of playing I'm backup to speed.

Not having loadouts wont help either but for me the main thing is muscle memory that makes the big difference.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 07-Nov-16 16:34:05
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

we all need to play doom, best FPS ever made smile

none of this one shot you dead rubbish unless of cause you get hit by one of the super weapons which have slow projectiles and hard to find.

Doom is a much less frantic game as its way more forgiving to the person getting hit.

The movement in doom is better also, proper bobbing up and down and dont look weird when running.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Mon 07-Nov-16 16:34:39)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Nov-16 18:20:52
Print Post

The main thing is your connection, you either have it your don't.

Nobody scores 25-1 by ability alone, full stop. They either don't realise it or don't want to hear it, but that's how it works.

No experienced FPS player suddenly starts scoring 2-15 because of lost muscle memory.
(committed) Mon 07-Nov-16 18:56:02
Print Post

Nope I'd agree connection is the major thing that doesn't involve your ability/skill, But when it comes to playing a game I've not played for a while then muscle memory is the biggest thing for me that I can control that holds me back, The game feels weird and either too fast or too slow depending on the game when I play it again for the first time, EVERY time I play it for a few weeks my K/D rises back close to where it was.

COD WAW for instance when I started it back up I had a K/D of around 1 a few weeks later and I'm back to around 2K/D (was 2.3 before I stopped playing years ago.

Destiny was under 1 K/D when I came back and its now 1.3 which was what I was before I stopped playing.

Gaming I what I enjoy doing in my spare time and so I make sure I have a decent ISP that isn't going to limit me in anyway, Sure it costs me a fair bit more than the other so called unlimited ISPs but when they reach capacity and the ping/jitter take a hit it gets bad quick.

Remembering/learning the maps also helps but for me I don't tend to forget the maps.

The funny thing is you mention 25-1 because that's what I did on 1 map on WAW recently (Although I was in the tank for most of it)

Luck also plays a big part in the game and I guess squad mates as well, I was playing BF1 earlier and in 1 round I spawned in front of someone 5 times and died before I'd gone less than 5 paces, I also had enemys spawn in front of me twice as well
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Nov-16 22:37:34
Print Post

Watch this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dPOzbJxkEpI

Is that how aim assist works for you? I can assure you it doesn't even work like that for me in the single player. It's a connection issue, full stop. The Last of Us online was completely unplayable for me. One night, for whatever reason, I couldn't stop killing. The gun virtually dragged itself onto targets like a magnet and killed them with 1 bullet every time. The next game it was back to the usual 2-10

I've improved the playability by using a VPN to try out different servers, but until I work out the formula for the perfect connection for aim assist, it's better than a kick up the butt.

But that video is incontrovertible proof of how the aim assist "snap" can be so powerful that it's almost an aimbot.
(committed) Tue 08-Nov-16 00:04:02
Print Post

That video shows have insane it can be, The guy doing the video can't get it to do it every time though otherwise he could just do a video of it all in one go, That doesn't mean that people can't do it a lot of the time though.

The "trick" is to get the enemy in your cross hair before you aim down the sight as then it will lock on more often than not as you are close to the target, It doesn't work if your to far away aim wise from the target, I recorded a few games of me playing BF4 back in the day and was shocked how different my aiming was to what I thought I saw at the time, I was also zooming in way too early a lot of the time (like I said before the guy was in the cross hairs) so wasn't getting the major snap assist, I often find myself forgetting to get the guy within my cross hairs before I aim down sight as when I see the enemy, What people want to do is aim down sight right away and start shooting (I guess this is the same for most people) but you are much better off to get in the cross hair first and then aim down sight thanks to the aim assist.

Most recent games actually have a lag compensation in the games that was done to help people with poor connections have a more even playing field, The problem is that people found out about it and so made their connections poorer by playing on servers far away etc(on bf4 you would get yanks on the eu servers and vice versa and because of this they would become bullet sponges), It's annoying as the better connections used to benefit from having a good connection now it can be a big negative (a COD a few years back was awful for having a good connection yet on COD 4 and 5 if you had good connection you were golden).

I don't know for sure but aim assist appears way toned down in BF1 against BF4.

Like you've said getting a "sweet spot" connection can make a world of difference and can make the biggest difference in K/D.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 08-Nov-16 07:32:20
Print Post

I can assure you mate, it's not as simple as a poorer connection. It doesn't just make an instant difference. It still depends on that sweet spot.

But you must be kidding about that video. You can see the almost instant lock and incredibly quick kills at 300 yards with SMG's. The video is titled "Overpowered aim assist"' because he knows exactly what it's doing, and, as I mentioned, when you get a connection like that out of the blue, you know damn well it's not right. It's like an aimbot.

Aim assist is linked to linear interpolation settings. These "LERP" settings are part of the process servers use to establish real time in game player positioning. A user's connection can inadvertently benefit from issues with it's application. On PC, messing with linear interpolation is how you create an aimbot.

Developers know this, but there's no way around the quirks. If they told 18 out of 20 users they would never have a chance of such scores, they wouldn't buy the games. It's the dirty secret. They focus all their efforts on balancing the other 18. It's obvious in almost every single lobby if you look properly!

I'm just happy that people now actually die when I shoot them, and that's down to finding A-A servers in terms of buffer bloat, not searching for a high latency connection.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to