Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 13-Nov-16 12:42:48
Print Post

I seriously think my Gaming is Changing with the Times

[link to this post]

Im just not enjoying gaming at present,actually thats not quite true because the only real online game i love is Gears 4 horde and thats about where its at for me at presents would much rather prefer to be immersed in a brilliant single player experience much like the recent Rise Of The Tomb Raider,i was playing a bit of MW Remaster and yes its cool and all that but does it excite me like it did 9 years ago the simple answer is no, i have some really good games and then i literally get obliterated by campers and quick scope snipers and i find it no fun whatsoever.

Dishonoured 2 is here and its a great looking game but even this fails to hold my attention past 30 minutes with constant switching from one game to the next,Titanfall 2 single player is a major surprise and i really enjoyed it, much like the single player Remaster of MW.

I dont know if its the developers or me getting older and less interested,i think on the whole game releases in general this year and this generation have been poor in comparison to recent years,im just hoping next year we get some games that really show of some potential and not all this constant remakes and remasters of older games we have all played to death.

Battlefield 1 is another decent game but i just can not bring myself to spending the hours on it ranking up, looks amazing and in reality plays amazing but its just not doing it for me.

Personally i think i like simple games that do not require hours upon hours of ranking up online like BF1 and MW and other great games like The Division which is probably the longest i have spent with a game online for ages, but that quickly faded a month later.

Played the new Zombies and its a blast, but i haven't generally got a clue what I'm doing or do i even understand this game, if your with idiots the whole experience is taxing to say the least,was playing it with 4 others last night and they all ran around the map as individuals and it quickly became apparent this session wasn't going to last long.

The Pro is a nice upgrade and nice bit of kit, but to do that justice it needed some new game that really shines' don't want to go back and play The Last of Us on the Pro thank you,or Infamous second son, both brilliant games but i have played those games to death.

Hopefully Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone will ignite my passion for gaming because 2016 in my opinion has been drab as far as I'm concerned when it comes to outstanding games.

MGS and Rise of the Tomb Raider and gears 4 were what impressed me the best so far in 2016.

I just hope Watchdogs 2 is not a complete waste of time,i read this morning with people with early copies due to street release dates not adhered to that the online component is Broken and Ubisoft are aware of the problems and are frantically trying to do something about it before its on general release on Tuesday.

It begs the question ? Why didn't they have a beta and why release a game in such a state.

Edited by time2die (Sun 13-Nov-16 13:03:12)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 13-Nov-16 19:14:30
Print Post

Re: I seriously think my Gaming is Changing with the Times

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I reckon it's time for you to hang your joypad up and take up bowls.
https://www.taylorbowls.com/

wink

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 13-Nov-16 21:33:04
Print Post

I keep telling you, but you just won't listen. It's not you, it's probably your connection! You'd have to be seriously [censored] to go 1-10 every game, and you're not [censored].

I have never managed a K/D above 0.13 in the twelve years I've been in this house. I found out from this site that I have buffer bloat on my Plusnet connection. Not my router, their server. Now I'm using a VPN to connect to a server in Manchester; A rating for upload and download, and it's still giving me a decent 40 odd Mbps.

Now I'm having great fun,and the odd lagger doesn't bother me any more - I've got lives to spare all of a sudden!

Modern Warfare mayhem - Shadow of the Harrier - Nelly on the roof...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 13-Nov-16 23:51:38
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Blimey I'd forgotten how fast the fire rate of modern guns is smile

Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Nov-16 08:27:10
Print Post

Im not blaming my connection and there is nothing wrong with it, its the fact i just haven't got the reflexes i used to have a decade ago, there may be a minimal problem on occasions but generally I'm just generally obviously not fast enough.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Nov-16 08:29:58
Print Post

Buffer Bloat.........Is that some aquatic fish tongue
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Nov-16 08:33:38
Print Post

Join a server for the over 60's

Swanny
cool
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 14-Nov-16 10:55:26
Print Post

the exec's of the publisher demand deadlines as the longer a game takes to develop the less profitable it is for them, they prefer a earlier partially broken game then a late polished game.

If we think back to lionhead and the fable game they were working on, Microsoft got so annoyed with all the delays they cancelled the entire project and shutdown the studio.

Having no deadline isnt always perfect as the developers can run out of money if not backed by a company with large pockets, Peter Molyneux started a new company called 22cans, and their first game was a game called godus, it had no deadline. It was released early on steam as a kickstarter project, promises made to gamers, and they eventually ran out of money, so the pc version is still several years later not complete, and they instead released a mobile version with a pay to win model.

Blizzard is a company that traditionally prides itself on perfection, it's games have no deadlines, but since its got loads of cash it can afford to take 5+ years to make a game, and their games as a result are of very high quality.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 14-Nov-16 10:58:13
Print Post

It sounds like you dont like modern multiplayer FPS for the same reasons as me, its no fun always losing and it requires extreme skills, reflexes etc. and lots of hours to keep up those reflexes to be competitive.

Doom (the traditional version) is more forgiving because you dont typically die from one gun shot, you can collect shields etc. so you can absorb damage and as such not require crazy skills to win.

This is also why I think you like far cry a lot because that game can be played a lot on single player in a much more relaxed environment, I actually like far cry 4 a lot after playing it a while. But I only play it single player, not multiplayer.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 14-Nov-16 11:05:21
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Nintendo are like blizzard as well, they take absolutely ages to make a game but their games are a work of art.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to