Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 19-Nov-16 10:28:13
Print Post

Skyrim special edition

[link to this post]

Just bought GOTY for PC, £8.99

Anybody played it and can recommend the best starting character? I prefer swords and bows to magic, so weighted in that direction please. smile
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 19-Nov-16 10:46:02
Print Post

Re: Skyrim special edition

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I always follow the path of the sword.
Make sure you protect your knees smile

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 19-Nov-16 16:54:22
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Arrow proof knee pad mod?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 19-Nov-16 18:01:00
Print Post

Listen in to the Ai in the game, they might know smile

Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 20-Nov-16 10:03:43
Print Post

Not a game your going to like if you discarded Bloodborne then i see little point in buying this.?
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 20-Nov-16 12:29:32
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

It's not on rails in quite the same way, so it might be ok for me. And it's 9 quid. smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 20-Nov-16 13:32:11
Print Post

I just don't think i can be bothered with games like this, there is way to much levelling up and chatting to everybody you meet and i find those type of games a chore.

I did buy it initially and i wasn't blown away and i got bored with it really quick, my patience with games is diminishing fast by the looks of things,Killing Floor 2 everybody seems to think its brilliant except me ?

Thought this game was going to be a truly great FPS but it fails to live up to my expectations and i will stick with Gears 4 that blows this out of the water in terms of fast fluid gameplay and graphically.

Killing Floor 2 don't get me wrong is not a bad game but again i tried it last night with 5 others in a 6 player co/op map and found it extremely laggy and not what i expected when i watched others playing it, more than likely on high end PCs by the looks of things.

But since Skyrim only cost you £9 mate then i guess thats value for money regardless, its a extremely time consuming game and you talking literally 100s of hours and in the past you have avoided those games saying you just don't have the time due to your commitments so that another reason why you surprised me buying this regardless of the small cost.

Skyrim is probably one of the longest rpg on the market and possibly 4 times the size of Bloodborne.

Edited by time2die (Sun 20-Nov-16 13:35:40)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 20-Nov-16 13:58:27
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
But since Skyrim only cost you £9 mate then i guess thats value for money regardless, its a extremely time consuming game and you talking literally 100s of hours and in the past you have avoided those games saying you just don't have the time due to your commitments so that another reason why you surprised me buying this regardless of the small cost.

Skyrim is probably one of the longest rpg on the market and possibly 4 times the size of Bloodborne.
I suspect you are probably right mate, but you know when you just want to see what all the fuss was about at the time when it was full price?

I do like this sort of game in first person, but if it is at all repetitive it will fall by the wayside very quickly.

I'm glad you let on about your dissappointment with KF2. Saved me a few bob!!
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 20-Nov-16 14:03:47
Print Post

Skyrim is a brilliant game

Swanny
cool
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 20-Nov-16 15:28:44
Print Post

skyrim (and oblivion) are basically 2 games in one.

you can choose to ignore everything thats optional and just play it dfor the story only and as such it wont be repetitive and grindy, you dont need to be worried about been too weak because the monsters scale up depending on your level, e.g. on oblivion you could beat the entire game at level1 and would still be fighting weak enemies at the end of the game. Although monsters that scale to your level I Am not a fan off, but I respect such a system allows people to play the game through quickly.

Or you can explore and do all the optional stuff and will give you 100s of hours of gameplay for your money and become great value for money.

So I think you will be fine.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Sun 20-Nov-16 15:29:12)

Print Thread

Jump to