Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 27-Nov-16 10:20:41
Print Post

Games you want to finish

[link to this post]

I'm not interested in buying any more games now, until I finish the ones I've already started (and enjoy).

The current list:

BF1 campaign PS4
Gears Of War PC
Skyrim PC
Homefront: The Revolution PC
Shadow of Mordor PC
Mad Max PC
Zombie Army Trilogy PS4

Edited by mrnelster (Sun 27-Nov-16 10:21:36)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 27-Nov-16 10:50:53
Print Post

Re: Games you want to finish

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

BF1 campaign PS4
AC Syndicate. But I have to start it again as Uplay deleted my account because I was called Smeggod and they don't like that. [censored]
AC the one in France

I have Batman Arkham Knight but I'm bored of it so won't bother
Oh yea and I suppose I should have another go at TLOU

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 27-Nov-16 13:27:52
Print Post

Problem is many games are now getting overlooked because of the crammed release schedule, am i the only one on here playing the brilliant Watchdogs 2 [i think so] I am the only one on here playing Dishonoured 2 another massive improvement on a very good first game and with reviews to match.

I buy more games than most on here i agree, but some people will just stick with games like MW Remaster and Battlefield 1 when there are plenty of better games out there with some brilliant single player experiences.

Personally i blame the developers/publishers for lost revenue and games not hitting the targets,titanfall 2 is a massive improvement over the first game yet has poor sales even though its now Multiplatform and not a Microsoft exclusive product, it has a fantastic single player experience this time around and a great multiplayer mode much better than the recent Cod,How many on here have it or have played it, yet again only Myself and Jorkila.

If you choose to release about 6/8 games all what are considered AAA games in the space of 3 weeks then expect the sales of your games to be a lot poorer than they would had you released it in a least crammed release schedule.

They do it year in and year out, nothing in June,July ,August ,September then the usual avalanche of games in Oct/Nov which people can not afford and i get that, even if you do buy them you can seriously only focus on one game at a time so you generally end up playing a game for a few days until the next one drops through the letterbox and then you move on to that one and so on and so fourth, not ideal and kind of stupid i agree.

Im sticking with Watchdogs 2 for now and will go back to Dishonoured 2 ,killing floor 2 and a fair few others i have had limited play time with once I'm done with this game which will be literally ages.

Im not a Final Fantasy fan but having watched a lot of the visuals and gameplay mechanics of this game which looks breathtaking i will be giving this another go now they have somewhat changed the battle system a little bit more to my liking and not so many of those random battle scenarios of the past FF games.

The game that excites me most is almost here and its the last game for me for 2016 and thats The Last guardian which i know will be a classic,Oh and not forgetting Dead Rising 4....wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 27-Nov-16 13:32:46
Print Post

You see i love Zombie army trilogy and its a brilliant co/op game,its not graphically pleasing but its so much fun with another friend, but yet again its a game that most of us on here played for a couple of nights and then slung it to one side and moved on to other games.

Online i really enjoyed the game and i will go back to it, my only real fun i have with any online game to be fair is Gears 4 Horde and thats about it for me.

Online games have far less appeal to me last 18 months and fail to inspire me for much more than about 30 minutes' loved the new Zombie mode in the latest Cod for about a week but i quickly became bored with that after about level 10 as it just got plain stupid and confusing and to be fair ...To dam Hard.

Edited by time2die (Sun 27-Nov-16 13:34:31)

Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 28-Nov-16 09:01:49
Print Post

I have finished the story in Mad Max but there are still side missions to do which I would like to go back to as it is a brilliant game, would have totally over looked that one if it wasn't for the recommendations on here. Other than that there aren't really any I have started and not finished.

Currently doing a second play through on Deus Ex and will have Doom to play when it arrives. After that would like to get Tomb raider. Not all that much else that has me interested.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 28-Nov-16 16:54:33
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

I hated the Doom demo so didn't bother with it. Will definitely pick up tomb raider at some point, but want to spend crimbo catching up on the others first.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 28-Nov-16 17:47:12
Print Post

Doom is possibly one of the best games released this year, surpassed my high expectations and it has loads of custom maps to play through, but if it wasn't for you i completely understand even though its a outstanding FPS.

Edited by time2die (Mon 28-Nov-16 17:48:28)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 28-Nov-16 18:19:29
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

It looked great. I can't quite put my finger on why it didn't float my boat, it just didn't. I wasn't enamoured by the no reloading idea. It also felt a little flat when you were running around, like you were gliding? Not sure really.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 28-Nov-16 18:29:18
Print Post

Not sure i get the No Reloading bit, you mean guns or what ? You can certainly reload your weapons unless i have not noticed that aspect of it.crazy

Edited by time2die (Mon 28-Nov-16 18:32:44)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Nov-16 06:15:47
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In the demo you didn't reload. You just walked over the ammo and it automatically went straight into the gun without even a reload animation. Maybe it's necessary when things get really hectic, but I prefer to have to press a button to pick things up, or to reload.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to