Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 13-Dec-16 15:01:04
Print Post

The state of the Gaming Scene in General..For me that is ?

[link to this post]

There have been a few exceptional games this year like Rise of The Tomb Raider and The Last Guardian with quite a few camera problems but exceptional all the same.

Problem is Jorkila mentioned that he had gone back and started playing the 2013 Game GTA5,now obviously at the time of release i bought this Day 1 but again like to so many others within a few weeks i had moved on to other games and its now for me becoming a big issue and a serious Gaming problem.

I can not help myself in indulging in games in general and nothing excites me more than having a new game drop through the letterbox,especially when it is received well and has some outstanding reviews, now we all know that Outstanding is a rare occurrence [right] But since Jorkila mentioned GTA5 i thought i would revisit this game myself having hardly done 5% and never ever touched the online side, after a massive patch update of around 12 gig i started to play the single player game all over which i remember so well when playing 3 years ago and its just a awesome game and i think i appreciate it even more 3 years later then on original release.

This for me is where the problem is, for instance GTA5 is not the type of game i personally think you can fire up and play for 30 minutes like other games on the market, this game has so much content and things to do and places to visit its quite frankly Vast in size and Scope and a game you could play for a year and not worry about other games been released in that period.

In fact i am quite annoyed at my constant lack of attention to detail and why i didn't just spend many months on this brilliant game and forget everything else for now, not literally obviously because there are some game i just have to buy, you see i have to buy the game day 1 and there is a reasons couple of weeks /months down the line when they have been out a while i wont generally bother buying them.thats just the way i am.

Guess what I'm trying to say is,not many Games match the production standards and enjoyability factor of GTA5,and thats coming from someone that doesn't really like GTA games from the past.

But this is the crazy thing.

Gears 4
Dishonoured 2
Final Fantasy XV
The last Guardian
Dead Rising 4
Watchdogs 2 and i must be the only one that prefers Watchdogs 1

All great games yet I'm getting more enjoyment at present playing a 3 years old game that is of outstanding quality in line with games from naughty dog.

So i have put it down to myself not willing to spend 100s of hours on games the size of GTA 5 and generally missing out on what this game has to offers I'm now going to try and spend as many hours as possible playing these massive games and not just discard them a few weeks later when something else comes along.

I think i just love a single player game like Rise of the Tomb Raider at around 8/10 hours and and GTA5 in my opinion 8/10 hours is like playing the introduction ...

So to sum it up I'm basically saying that i have neglected to many games from the past that are way better than games of today, like i have said before, apart from a few this generation for me has been a major disappointment and I'm sick of all the constant remasters of games from the past,dont mind a few games like The last of us, but this is happening way to often for my liking and the announcement of another great game like Bulletstorm is coming 2017 at a full retail price is madness.

They will be remastering Duke Puke Em Forever next tongue

I was just looking at the beginners guide to GTA5 online and like i said this is a game that requires literally hours of your time, just creating your online Character can take 30 minutes plus if not more if you are that way inclined, this is where i just randomly skip and go for basics wink For those out there that have played and invested a fair amount of time in GTA5 besides Jorkila tell me what you think.

Swanny i do recall you giving this some online time on release i think ?

Edited by time2die (Tue 13-Dec-16 16:46:30)

Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Dec-16 17:36:11
Print Post

Re: The state of the Gaming Scene in General..For me that is

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Did you finish the single player on GTA 5 ? If not then I would say that is a must do thing as it really is a masterpiece. I would like to play it again which as my PS3 is dead means getting it on the PS4 but may well do that, especially if they do release some single player DLC. Didn't play all that much online and it's ages ago now so I'm not the best person to give you advice on that.

As for games in general I think I am similar that it has to be something really good to keep my attention these days, difference is I don't buy all the games you do, I am very selective.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 13-Dec-16 17:42:47
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Thats my weakness,That in some cases my downfall, games get overlooked quickly especially when there is such a crowded release schedule as in Oct/Nov year in and year out...[stupid]

But then again i can only blame myself as i am not forced to buy all the games i do but games to me are like Crack to a drug user and its my personal fix.

Problem is that outstanding games like GTA5 will in my case at least get sadly overlooked based on the content and the time required to get the most out of theme mean the single player games is probably 50 hours and then you have the online mode which could last you years and then you have all the support and content Rockstar add which brings me to the conclusion that you could buy this and nothing else for about a year and be in gaming heaven.....But Trance as you know that isn't me wink

As to the single player you ask ? Like i said matey i have probably originally done 5% at best.....and thats criminal for such a outstanding game isn't it ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 13-Dec-16 19:49:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Swanny i do recall you giving this some online time on release i think ?

Um yea you could say that. Probably 100 hours or so

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Dec-16 21:47:34
Print Post

Definitely try and play through the single player even if you leave a lot of the side missions.
  Print Thread

Jump to