Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(experienced) Fri 07-Apr-17 17:14:15
Print Post

How Do You Deal With Offending Players?

[link to this post]

Sigh. Just been on Rocket League. A player decides to send abusive and quite upsetting words down the chat, aimed at me, for no reason. These type of players are appearing a lot more recently. So, to deal with it, I report them, but most of the time this doesn't do anything. I want to continue playing this game, but due to this it's becoming less enjoyable. How do you deal with these players?

Router in use: Billion BiPAC 8800AXL.

Edited by WilliamGrimsley (Fri 07-Apr-17 17:18:02)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 07-Apr-17 19:19:18
Print Post

Re: How Do You Deal With Offending Players?

[re: WilliamGrimsley] [link to this post]

I only play BF1 online at the moment. Always in a squad with friends and in party chat.
Sometimes you can hear other squad members but if I do I usually just mute them. If I was getting abuse from a 12 year old boy I would just tell him to [censored] off and then mute him smile

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 07-Apr-17 19:34:43
Print Post

The only thing you can do is mute them (or preferably everyone).

Now with Vodafone
Twitter
YouTube

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(experienced) Fri 07-Apr-17 19:39:04
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Sounds great thanks.

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Fri 07-Apr-17 19:40:10
Print Post

I tend to be in party chat most of the time now as on some games especially FPS I find idiots blasting music down the headset. Usually I get sent abusive text messages from people and not over voice but If someone says something over voice I send them a message saying do you want chips with that salt or something similar and then they usually send an abusive message back This allows me to file a complaint about the message that Xbox can clearly see and then Xbox send a message back a few days later saying it's been taken care of basically they've handed out a ban which length depends on how many times they've done it before. I find that the ingame ones nothing really tends to happen as it requires a lot of people to file complaints before they look at that person where as with a text message they can see what they've put from just me and give them a time out on the naughty step.
(experienced) Fri 07-Apr-17 19:40:20
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

Thanks! I didn't think of that! I've disabled text and voice chat.

(experienced) Fri 07-Apr-17 19:46:37
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Yeah, if only that worked all the time hey! wink

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Apr-17 10:19:16
Print Post

Long ago I disabled all VOIP in games - I don't want to hear a little kiddie ranting and raving with a TV on in the background.

I keep chat on so my minions know what to do...

Now with Vodafone
Twitter
YouTube
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 08-Apr-17 10:25:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by WilliamGrimsley:
Sigh. Just been on Rocket League. A player decides to send abusive and quite upsetting words down the chat, aimed at me, for no reason. These type of players are appearing a lot more recently. So, to deal with it, I report them, but most of the time this doesn't do anything. I want to continue playing this game, but due to this it's becoming less enjoyable. How do you deal with these players?

I have received camping c#'t messages since i started playing COD4 in 2008, i get upset if i am not getting them now, i love messaging them back without sinking to swearing or abuse and watching them get even more irate, it is better than playing MWR at the minute lol
  Print Thread

Jump to