Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Wed 30-Aug-17 23:20:15
Print Post

Re: GPU

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I think what he was saying is Ethereum was valued at $343 each and he sold part of some (when you mine the bigger more valuable coins you don't mine a whole coin in one go it will be a really small amount like 0.0004 etc) so I'm guessing he sold say 0.05 of Ethereum at $425 value so $21.45 when 15mins earlier the same amount was worth $17.15.

I hope that makes sense.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 31-Aug-17 11:32:47
Print Post

I now have 3 gpus chugging away, brought another couple as an investment.

but yeah I didnt sell a entire eth, was 0.1 eth as an experiment as my first transaction.

I am also considering buying coins directly just for trading purposes as well. Lots of money to be made here on trading activities.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 31-Aug-17 20:16:32
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Ah, that's much clearer thanks. smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 31-Aug-17 20:23:34
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

What GPUs did you manage to buy?
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 31-Aug-17 20:45:44
Print Post

I brought a couple of 1070 zotac minis. I will likely sell them before volta hits whilst they have high resale value.

I figured that ethereum (and other coins) could crash at any given time so its best to maximise monthly revenue whilst its possible.

I didnt go with 1080tis because I felt the extra mining capability was less than the extra capital outlay for each card, and also that it was above what I was willing to spend, AMD cards at the time I got the 1070s very badly priced. Although the new rx vega 56s may have now changed that now as they are priced reasonably.

The issue with the 56s is of course the much higher power draw, meaning more PSU power will be needed adding to capital outlay. Although an extra £30 or so on a PSU vs PSU needed for 2 1070s probably is offset by extra profits on the 56s, not the same as the 1080ti calculations with an extra £330 per card.

Note you can flash a 64 bios on a 56 to make the HBM2 performance match, so if you thinking of buying some gpus the 56s look a good bet now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t7urmTuSCs

So about an extra 7mH which I think would increase with a 64 bios to maybe an extra 10Mh about an extra 33% hashrate for about 8% increase in cost per card over a 1070.

Also that on AMD cards there is better coins to mine than ETH as well. I think 1070 is the best nvidia card to get (not in agreement with giraffe I know), but the vega 56 seems a better bet from my perch. Dont get non ti 1080s tongue

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 31-Aug-17 21:01:20)

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 01-Sep-17 22:54:46
Print Post

Here's a thing https://steemit.com/miners/@drotika/6-gpu-mining-rig...
(committed) Sat 02-Sep-17 00:00:51
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Yeah I've seen 13 Rig GPUs , The heat they generate must be crazy as the 3 I have in one rig heat up the room like crazy.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 03-Sep-17 13:18:45
Print Post

Saves on your heating bill then smile

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 05-Sep-17 09:30:21
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

china has sparked a panic, value is nosediving.

(committed) Tue 05-Sep-17 14:49:13
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

The market was due a correction anyway especially after a huge increase the previous days.
Profit hasn't really changed.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to