Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 05-Sep-17 18:56:57
Print Post

Re: GPU

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

DMD looks juicy but seems is no working pools because V3 is about to be launched?

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Tue 05-Sep-17 23:58:34
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Yeah, it was between £5-£8 a day on a 1080ti for a good few days but all the ones what I could find were stopped because of the change to V3 like you said.
There is still 15GH's being mined somewhere but I couldn't find where when I looked so I gave up.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 18-Sep-17 08:08:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by IranianGiraffe:
I'm waiting on Vega before I build my new PC, I've got an ultra wide freesync monitor so need an AMD card as I'm not paying the premium that the relevant G-sync monitor costs along with the card.
I've decided to wait as well now. I'm not paying these premiums for a GPU. I've decided to pick up a VR headset first and then wait for the prices to drop back again. Should be spending a race evening with oculus rift within the next couple of weeks, when my mate comes back from his travels. Just want to be sure I don't blow a chunky from motion sickness before finally committing!

Only trouble is, I flogged my 390X in readiness for a GTX1080 before I went on holiday, and now the prices are even more stupid. So basically I'm left with my R9 380 4GB to tie me over in the meantime. Hopefully it will run VR alongside the 4690k. You don't need half the effects with racing games, and there'll be screen door to look past anyway. So fingers crossed...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 18-Sep-17 18:40:12
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

the vega 56 prices werent too bad at the time I made my post I dont know if they have gone up since tho.

There may be a drop in nvidia prices for 1070s as it seems a 1070ti is coming which will push the 1070 down but I dont expect any downward movement for AMD any time soon.

(committed) Mon 18-Sep-17 22:16:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
In reply to a post by IranianGiraffe:
I'm waiting on Vega before I build my new PC, I've got an ultra wide freesync monitor so need an AMD card as I'm not paying the premium that the relevant G-sync monitor costs along with the card.
I've decided to wait as well now. I'm not paying these premiums for a GPU. I've decided to pick up a VR headset first and then wait for the prices to drop back again. Should be spending a race evening with oculus rift within the next couple of weeks, when my mate comes back from his travels. Just want to be sure I don't blow a chunky from motion sickness before finally committing!

Only trouble is, I flogged my 390X in readiness for a GTX1080 before I went on holiday, and now the prices are even more stupid. So basically I'm left with my R9 380 4GB to tie me over in the meantime. Hopefully it will run VR alongside the 4690k. You don't need half the effects with racing games, and there'll be screen door to look past anyway. So fingers crossed...

Yeah I've had a few goes at VR on racing games and it was much easier to stomach than other games, With most other games I would get a headache on VR after a while (same with watching 3d) but it would go after an hour or 2, On the racing games I didn't seem to suffer at all.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-Sep-17 19:38:03
Print Post

The Oculus Rift is at 500 quid including touch controllers now, but I don't really need the controllers. There are a few other VR headsets on the horizon, some standalone and with better room/fit. Most of them look like a rip off of the PSVR in terms of the headband, which means they should all be more comfortable than the Rift and Vive.

https://www.cnet.com/news/windows-mixed-reality-head...
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-Sep-17 20:02:49
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I don't know if I'd go with a 56 or a 1070 right now. Either are more than good enough for VR, and most likely 4k30 in games other than driving, would suffice for me.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 23-Sep-17 05:38:34
Print Post

With the release of AMD's new lineup of GPUs, including the Vega brand, many expected the increased competition as AMD nears performance parity with Nvidia to drive GPU prices down. That may not be the case, however, if analysts from a Japanese financial giant are to be believed.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 25-Sep-17 03:20:06
Print Post

seems to have settled around the 300 usd mark, not perfect but at least it didnt crash into obscurity.

Investors are a fickle bunch of people, mass reacting to every announcement of short term events.

Edited by Chrysalis (Mon 25-Sep-17 03:21:40)

(committed) Tue 26-Sep-17 11:59:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
I don't know if I'd go with a 56 or a 1070 right now. Either are more than good enough for VR, and most likely 4k30 in games other than driving, would suffice for me.

If you don't have a freesync monitor I'd get a Nvidia card over the Vega cards for sure, Vega seems a bang average card at best for the amount of power it uses.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to