Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 28-Sep-17 10:12:00
Print Post

Re: GPU

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

curious where you are getting a gtx 1080 brand new £450 inc vat from? thanks.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 28-Sep-17 10:18:03
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

well you are still witholding lots of info from us then.

first time I Seen you mention wyvern in this thread.

whattomine doesnt show anything like 100 coins.

I will rephrase, the "major" coins largely followed the crash. There was variances but were all within 10% or so in terms of how much they dropped.

I have noticed in the mining community, alot of people dont like talking about what they doing, I think people are scared of course if they mining some not known about coin, they post about it, then others jump on it and profitability nosedives.

I didnt sell any coins either after the drop, although I sold some ZEC 2 nights ago, for some reason it briefly jumped 20% in value then so I sold bulk of my ZEC at that point. Havent sold any ETH since I last posted about the sale I made.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 28-Sep-17 10:28:25
Print Post

even at the prices nelly has posted, its still 25% more than a 1070.

zcash 6.81usd day profit 1080
zcash 6.30usd day profit 1070

most profitable coin currently on whattomine for both cards

its more profitable in a 12 month period as long as you willing to pretend there is no capital investment.

Since I dont have access to your hidden comparison site for minor coins I guess I cannot comment on things like wyvern smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Thu 28-Sep-17 15:07:23
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

They've been on a few sites for around that price at certain points.

Amazon and Ebuyer have had them for £450 recently.

I personally got one for £438 on the 11th June from Amazon.
(committed) Thu 28-Sep-17 15:20:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
even at the prices nelly has posted, its still 25% more than a 1070.

zcash 6.81usd day profit 1080
zcash 6.30usd day profit 1070

most profitable coin currently on whattomine for both cards

its more profitable in a 12 month period as long as you willing to pretend there is no capital investment.

Since I dont have access to your hidden comparison site for minor coins I guess I cannot comment on things like wyvern smile

OK going by the above the 1080 makes 37.5p a day more than a 1070, times that by 365 and it's another £135.

A 1080 is not £135 more expensive than a 1070 at current prices so at the moment it's better to get a 1080 to mine than a 1070.

I'm not pretending there is no capital investment just pointing out that people say the 1080 is poor for mining and it's not (not just here but seen it on the net and most of it seems to be because it doesn't mine Ethereum well, which it doesn't but then Ethereum is not what you should be mining with NVIDIA cards there are far more coins worth mining).

I'm just pointing this out and if Nelly is happy to pay for a 1080 to play games then when he's not he can easily make a few £ back when he's not by mining with it if he wants.
(experienced) Thu 28-Sep-17 16:18:53
Print Post

well you are still witholding lots of info from us then.

first time I Seen you mention wyvern in this thread.

whattomine doesnt show anything like 100 coins.

I will rephrase, the "major" coins largely followed the crash. There was variances but were all within 10% or so in terms of how much they dropped.

I have noticed in the mining community, alot of people dont like talking about what they doing, I think people are scared of course if they mining some not known about coin, they post about it, then others jump on it and profitability nosedives.

I didnt sell any coins either after the drop, although I sold some ZEC 2 nights ago, for some reason it briefly jumped 20% in value then so I sold bulk of my ZEC at that point. Havent sold any ETH since I last posted about the sale I made.

My "Withholding" of info is like what I've said before you need to check out as many coins as you can, It takes a while to download a wallet and setup a miner for a coin etc and I'm constantly doing it.
I'm sorry but I don't have the time to do all the above and then to type out what I'm currently mining on here as like I said it takes a while, I'm not hiding or withholding anything everyone can do it.

I've not mentioned Wyvern before as I've never really mined it before like I said previously at the time of the crash it hadn't dropped in price much against the others and as such at the time it was the most profitable coin to mine, So yeah I wasn't affected much by the crash of bitcoin etc in the market.

To me it makes sense to be able to mine as many coins in the market as you can as you have more chances of being able to make more profit or not be as effected by a crash/drop.

Take the people who have 6+ 1060/1070/ AMD 480/580 rigs that they just mine ZEC or Ethereum for instance if the difficulty goes high or the prices drop on their coin then the profitability drops big time until either the price goes back up or people stop mining.

I only had 0.3 ZEC to sell and did so a few days ago as well, I saw that it hit over £270 today although currently back down to around £213 (yes thats £ not $) was a crazy price increase at some point and I've not had chance to look into why at the moment.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Sep-17 16:19:30
Print Post

I'm just pointing this out and if Nelly is happy to pay for a 1080 to play games then when he's not he can easily make a few £ back when he's not by mining with it if he wants.
Yep.

Thanks for the heads up on mining with the 1080. smile
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Sep-17 16:21:54
Print Post

curious where you are getting a gtx 1080 brand new £450 inc vat from? thanks.
If I told you and they ran out of stock, I'd be kicking myself and blaming you.

You pesky miners... wink
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 28-Sep-17 17:37:10
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

not buying any more gpu's soon smile

just curious thanks.

There is a chance I could replace my main 1070 with a 1070ti if the price is very close. But otherwise no, so no danger of me swabbing the stock.

Also I would only buy a 1080 for gaming personally smile

I am hoping the 1070ti appears for sub £370, then sell my 1070 for £320-350 and swap it over.

I think £450 is an amazing price for a 1080 which I cannot see at the usual retailers, so if you really can get for that then go for it yeah. 1070 minis have gone up in price since I brought 2 of them for mining so that would have closed the price gap also.

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 28-Sep-17 17:37:43)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Sep-17 21:49:34
Print Post

Here's one priced close to the one that I've seen. wink

https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/...

Quality free game with it too.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to